brought to you by Janes Family Foods
FBC2013 Conference Pricing
You have been asking and we have been promising! How much will it cost to attend FBC2013 next April??
Now that we have our sponsors secured and our speakers all signed up, it’s time to let the cat out of the bag!
Tickets for FBC2013 will be $699/person (based on double occupancy). And here is all the awesome stuff that it’s going to include:
- two nights accommodation at the beautiful Hockley Valley Resort. 300 acres of rolling hills, an on-site organic garden, beautiful guest rooms and an outstanding dining experience all at your feet!
- all your meals and coffee/tea/snack breaks, including a welcome reception, keynote dinner on Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday (wine is included in both dinners). We chose Hockley specifically for their incredible reputation as a food destination (and Top Chef Canada agreed with us, holding their season finale at Hockley!)
- two drink tickets to our Friday night cocktail reception and an invitation to our Saturday night entertainment
- all the Saturday and Sunday sessions including a special Q&A with David Leite, and sessions on writing, tech, photography, recipe development, working with brands and much more!
- 10% off all spa services in Hockley’s 8000 sq foot spa
- 20% off green fees on Hockley’s golf course (weather permitting of course!)
- a bag full of swag!
- a whole lot of other goodies we have coming your way – just for attendees!
All you need to do is show up Friday afternoon and not worry about another thing until it’s back to real life Sunday afternoon!
Tickets will go on sale in mid-January once we have had the chance to announce our entire speaker lineup. The cost is based on double occupancy. We will have a limited number of single occupancy rooms (at extra cost) for those who don’t wish to share.
New FBC2013 Speakers to be Announced
Tune in tomorrow when we announce our next round of speakers including our Working With Brands Panel. You won’t want to miss it!
New FBC2013 Sponsors
We’re very pleased to announce two new sponsors today:
Tree of Life joins us as a Bronze sponsor. Tree of Life Canada, a KeHE Company, is probably a new name to most of you but, they distribute over 3,000 products and represents 300+ brands to grocery stores across Canada with their core purpose being to help Canada Eat Well and Live Well. Their vision is to be the best specialty and natural food distributor in Canada, and their strengths lie in the breadth of their product mix. From specialty grocery products including beverages, biscuits, cereal, crackers, desserts, to a wide array of Asian and Indian brands; alongside a large assortment of international specialty cheeses, and a wide range of Natural and Organic products – it is no wonder that Tree of Life provides products for almost all shelves in your grocery store. They’re looking forward to meeting you all at FBC2013.
We’re also excited to announce Redpath Sugar as a Contributing Sponsor and have some sweet plans for the conference!
Win a Copy of Canada’s Favourite Recipes (MEMBERS ONLY)
Thanks to the kind folks at Whitecap Books, we have one copy of Canada’s Favourite Recipes by Rose Murray and Elizabeth Baird, to give away to a lucky FBC member! Check out all the details to find out how to enter (you must log in as this is a members’ only post). The contest ends Sunday December 16th at 6pm EST and winner announced in the News on Monday December 17th. The winner will be chosen using random.org.
Take the Natrel Egg Nog Challenge these Holidays!
Nina Roy really really doesn’t like Egg Nog. Your challenge is to convince her to love it in any form. Natrel has handed all their social media over to Nina for the month of December and they need your help. Share your holiday pics, recipes, and spirit to fill her heart with festive cheer, and you may just be able to change her mind. Check out all the details in this members only post.
The Good Side of the Holidays
Dan Clapson, from Dan’s Good Side is running a holiday giveaway on his blog this Christmas to help recognize some of Calgary’s unsung heroes. Are you in Calgary and do you have somebody special in your life who could use a little recognition this year? Then check out The Good Side of the Holidays where you can nominate somebody special to be awarded one of three great packages that Dan is giving away to some deserving individuals.
Please give a big welcome all of our new members this week:
And welcome to our newest business member, MCNG Marketing!
And remember, if you have anything you’d like to share with your fellow members in the news, please let us know about it. To have your submission appear in a Monday news post, the deadline is Fridays at 5pm Pacific time. You can send your submissions directly to Melissa.
Melissa, Mardi and Ethan