Getting in a healthy mindset can happen any time of year and that’s why we’re introducing The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge! Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you. It all starts with just one day (or in this case, 7!)
Yep, we’re starting Day 1 of this 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge with a bang (be sure to grab your shopping list for the week)! A big green one for that matter. I know what you might be thinking: “A mean and green smoothie bowl on Day 1!? Can’t we ease into things?”. The answer is, “No — let’s jump in headfirst!”. But don’t fret yet because you’ll be surprised by just how delicious this clean and green bowl is. I promise you, eating your greens just became a lot easier with this smoothie.
I’ll let you in on a little secret about green smoothies: you can’t taste the greens. It’s a secret that’s been kept on the DL for years, and now you’re in on it too. Welcome to the green side! Fact is, when you use gentle greens like spinach in your smoothies they’re instantly taken over by the sweet and flavourful fruits. This is what I love most about green smoothies: their trickery that has us believing anyone who drinks them is a total health fanatic. We watch these health foodies in complete wonderment, as if they were performing magic with each sip and swallow. But in reality green smoothies are as sweet, fruity and tasty as their pink and purple counterparts.
The only green you’ll notice in this smoothie bowl is its colour because the taste is a tropical bliss! It’s a beautiful blend of peaches, mangoes, banana and coconut milk that will have your taste buds dancing. So how does it get that vivid green? Spinach and spirulina! It’s the perfect way to get in those greens early on in the day. And since we can’t taste it, why not get the added benefit of protein, fiber, iron, and vitamins A, C, E and K? Not to mention that vibrant green hue makes you look serious about getting on the healthy eating train.
You’re in on the little green smoothie secret now: you can have your greens and enjoy them too.
Way to crush Day 1 of that healthy eating goal!
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- ½ cup frozen peaches, or apricots
- ¼ cup frozen mangoes
- ¼ cup frozen spinach
- 1 tsp spirulina
- ½ banana (optional)
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder (21–22 g or about 2 tbsp)
- ¾ cups coconut milk, plus more if needed
- ¼ cup frozen mangoes, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut shavings
- 1 tbsp gluten-free granola
- In a blender add your frozen peaches, mangoes, spinach, spirulina, banana, protein powder, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk if needed.
- Scoop thick smoothie into a bowl and top with frozen mango, coconut shavings and granola.
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: A Healthy Start to the New Year
- Lighten Up! 15 Salad Recipes to Lighten Up Your January
- Lighten Up! 15 MORE Salad Recipes to Lighten Up January
- Lighten Up! 17 Smoothie Recipes to Lighten Up Your January
- Allergen-Friendly Remix: Dairy-Free Smoothies
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is a plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.