About Food Bloggers of Canada (FBC)
FBC was founded in 2011 as a way for Canadian food bloggers to connect, network and find resources to expand their blogging knowledge. At FBC, we continue to build a community for food bloggers of all kinds to come together to learn, share and get to know one another.
FBC was founded in by friends and fellow food bloggers Mardi Michels, Melissa Hartfiel and Ethan Adeland. With their backgrounds in food, marketing, event management, teaching, writing, photography and design, they knew they had a unique opportunity to bring together the many talented food bloggers across Canada.
The Goals of FBC
At FBC, we’d like to think of ourselves as the neighbourhood lunch counter for Canadian food bloggers and brands to meet, learn and grow together.
At FBC, our aim is to provide bloggers…
- A home away from their
- Practical resources to improve all aspects of their blog
- The opportunity to meet online and off-line with other bloggers
- The chance to work with brands that understand & value blogger influence
What an FBC Member Can Expect
- Blogging resources on a number of topics including writing, recipe development, food photography, social media, monetizing your blog, technology platforms and much more
- Be presented with opportunities to work with national and local brands.
- The opportunity to become a featured blogger
- The chance to connect with over 1,200 other Canadian food bloggers!
Food Bloggers of Canada Conference
In 2013, we hosted Canada’s first national food blogging conference, better known as FBC2013. FBC2014 will be held in Vancouver, BC on Oct. 17-19, 2014.