Contribute an Article or Post
Are you a food blogger, photographer, work in PR, knowledgeable about social media or simply feel you have an idea that would be informative for our membership? If so we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for original, resource based articles, 750-1000 words in length, that address some aspect of food blogging or blogging in general. They may be related to food writing, food photography, recipe development, blog tech, SEO, social media, copyright issues, tax or finance, just to name a few. We are always looking for new and original ideas.
We do provide financial compensation for original content.
- Prior to submitting an idea, please browse the resources section of our site to get a feel for what we have already published.
- Your material must be original and cannot have appeared on your blog or been published in any other format
- Articles should be 750-1000 words long. Images are optional but you must be the copyright holder of any images you submit or submit a release from the copyright holder allowing us to use the image for the post.
- While you do not need to be Canadian to write for us, please remember our audience is mainly Canadian food bloggers and Canadian brands. Articles should reflect that – especially if you are providing third party resources for bloggers. References to American or European law or taxation are not relevant to our members.
- All proposals must be submitted to our editorial desk. Please be sure to include your full name and correct email address along with an outline of what you would like to write about.
- Please keep in mind that our editorial calendars are determined 2-4 months in advance and seasonal calendars 3-6 months in advance.
- Articles should have clear, actionable takeaways for our readers
If you are interested in a sponsored post with FBC, please contact us directly for our rate card.