Contribute an Article or Post
Are you a foodblogger, food photographer, restauranteur, baker or somebody who works in the food industry? Do you have an idea for an article that would be informative for our membership? If so we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for original, resource based articles, 800-1000 words in length, that address some aspect of food blogging or blogging in general. They may be related to food writing, food photography, recipe development, blog tech, SEO, social media, copyright issues, tax or finance, just to name a few. We are always looking for new and original ideas.
We do provide financial compensation for original content.
- Prior to submitting an idea, please browse the resources section of our site to get a feel for what we have already published.
- Your material must be original and cannot have appeared on your blog or been published in any other format
- Articles should be 800-1000 words long. Images are optional but you must be the copyright holder of any images you submit or submit a release from the copyright holder allowing us to use the image for the post.
- While you do not need to be Canadian to write for us, please remember our audience is mainly Canadian food bloggers and Canadian brands. Articles should reflect that – especially if you are providing third party resources for bloggers. References to American or European law or taxation or not relevant to our members.
- All proposals must be submitted through our Contact page. Please be sure to include your full name and correct email address along with an outline of what you would like to write about.
- Please keep in mind that our editorial calendars are determined 2-4 months in advance and seasonal calendars 3-6 months in advance.
- Articles should have clear, actionable takeaways for our readers
If you are interested in a sponsored post with FBC, please contact us directly for our rate card.
Share an Event
Our members love food: talking about it, blogging about it and most importantly, eating it. They appreciate good food and the opportunity to try new things. Do you have a food related event happening that our members might want to attend?
It doesn’t matter how big or small or if it’s in the big city or a small town. We have members in every corner of the country. Farmer’s markets, wine festivals, seafood feasts, dine outs, food and drink expos, beer festivals, if it’s food related, let us know about it and we’ll share it with our readers on our Events Calendar.
Volunteer with the FBC
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us with the administration of the site. If you would like to assist us, please get in touch. We are looking for forum moderators and regional administrators at this time. You must be a member of the association and foodblogger to fill one of these posts.
Get in touch through our Contact Page.