Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here’s what caught our eye this week:
Tasty Links from FBC Members
We are celebrating spring this week on FBC with some delightful posts from FBC Members featuring some of our favourite spring time ingredients – like ramps, nettles, fiddleheads and rhubarb!
- An Impromptu Spring Picnic – from Valerie at More Than Burnt Toast.
- Savoury Steel Cut Oats with Ramps, Parmesan and Tamari – from Aimee at Simple Bites.
- Pancetta and Fresh Fiddlehead Fern Phyllo Quiche – from Maegan at Hand-Meyd.
- Stinging Nettle, Basil and Hemp Seed Pesto – from Adrian and Jeremy at The Food Gays.
- Rhubarb and White Chocolate Custard Tart – from Christina at Strawberries For Supper.
Other Useful Blogging Links
Here are some posts we’ve found around the web this week that might help you with your blogging.
- Stop Playing the Numbers Game With Your Blog – some wise words here from Sparkles of Sunshine on how obsessing over your blog numbers can actually hinder your blog’s growth.
- How to Make Money Blogging with Affiliate Links – here’s some great tips from The Sits Girls if you’re thinking about getting started with affiliate marketing for your blog.
- Five Free Apps for Photo Editing on the Go – from She Owns It, some great apps to check out for your food photos before posting to Instagram. A little edit before sharing can make a huge difference!
Instagram Accounts We’re Watching
Some of the tastiest Instagram across the country that we think are worth a follow. If you’re an FBC Member and you’d like to have your feed featured, make sure you tag your food photos with #FBCigers.
- harmonyalacarte – one of our ex-pat members, Nissrine now blogs from Italy and her IG feed is full of mouthwatering plant based dishes. The best part is you can find the recipes on her blog!
- kristy_gardner – Kristy’s beautiful, classically styled images are offset by her irreverent voice that keep it all real.
The New FBC Food Lovers Newsletter
If you love our weekend links then you might just want to subscribe to our new newsletter: The FBC Food Lovers Newsletter. Twice a month we’ll be featuring great posts from FBC members, some of our favourite food instagram accounts, great recipe finds on pinterest, some of the food highlights on FBC over the last few weeks, as well as occasional delicious offers from some of our partners.
You don’t have to be an FBC Member to join – you just have to love food! All you have to do is click here to subscribe!