This post is sponsored by Hershey Canada.
CHIPITS Chocolate Chips, Canada’s Favourite!
Do you remember your first homemade chocolate chip cookie? The fresh from the oven taste combined with the delicious smell of baking filling the home is often what comes to mind. How about your first CHIPITS chocolate chip cookie? For many, these two memories go hand in hand as CHIPITS brand chocolate chips are Canada’s favourite and enjoying baked goods is a memory we happily relive again and again (and again!).
It’s amazing what combining a few simple ingredients can do in the kitchen. A little flour, sugar and butter, combined with CHIPITS baking chips – a cookie essential – and you suddenly become the most popular person in the house.
Most importantly, it gives you a chance to share a moment with others over a home-made treat. Most people stick to the classic CHIPITS brand flavours. CHIPITS milk chocolate chips and CHIPITS pure semi-sweet chocolate chips tend to be the most popular because they can be used in many applications. But CHIPITS baking chips are available in a wide range of flavours that are sure to spice up an old favourite recipe, or inspire a whole new creation. From CHIPITS mint chocolate chips to CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips to CHIPITS SKOR toffee bits – the opportunities to create delicious baked goods are endless!
CHIPITS Baking Chips at the Holidays
The holidays are a popular time to bake - CHIPITS baking chips can be your go-to ingredient this season to make delicious sweets and treats for your friends and family. Here is a recipe that is sure to delight this holiday season!
- 1 ½ cups (250 g) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 ¾ cups (300 g) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar cone pieces, about 2 cones crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Place dark chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Working quickly, melt peanut butter chips with shortening in a second microwave-safe bowl, using the same method as the chocolate chips.
- Stir the sugar cone pieces into the melted peanut butter chips and the toffee bits into the melted dark chocolate chips. Alternately spoon melted chip mixtures onto prepared tray. Swirl with knife for a marbled effect.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store, in an airtight container at room-temperature, for up to 1 week.
For more recipe inspiration, check out www.hersheyskitchens.ca. And follow along with #CHIPITSholiday on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to see some of the delicious holiday treats FBC Members will be cooking up with CHIPITS during December!