Decadent dark chocolate, peanut butter and Skor toffee bits combine together to make this gorgeous Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bark
This post is sponsored by Hershey Canada.
Editor's Note: This article contains affiliate links — full disclosure is at the end of the article.
Do you remember your first homemade chocolate chip cookie? The fresh from the oven taste combined with the delicious smell of baking filling the home is often what comes to mind.
It’s amazing what combining a few simple ingredients can do in the kitchen. A little flour, sugar and butter, combined with CHIPITS baking chips - one of our favourite pantry ingredients - and you can become a very popular person!
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bark
This recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bark is sure to be a hit with your whole family and it comes together with just 10 minutes of active prep time. It's a great recipe to involve the kids as well - giving you a chance to share a moment over a home-made treat. Kids can measure out the Chipits, stir ingredients and break up the sugar cones!
Most people stick to the classic Chipits brand flavours like CHIPITS milk chocolate chips and CHIPITS pure semi-sweet chocolate chips because they can be used in so many applications. But for this recipe we're going to work a little outside the box!
You'll need three different flavours of Chipits for this recipe:
One the bark is ready in the pan you'll need thirty minutes for it to chill and come together and then... it's time for everyone to dive in to this sweet candy recipe! Enjoy.
- 1 ½ cups (250 g) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 ¾ cups (300 g) CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar cone pieces, about 2 cones crumbled
- ½ cup (125 mL) CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Place dark chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Working quickly, melt peanut butter chips with shortening in a second microwave-safe bowl, using the same method as the chocolate chips.
- Stir the sugar cone pieces into the melted peanut butter chips and the toffee bits into the melted dark chocolate chips. Alternately spoon melted chip mixtures onto prepared tray. Swirl with knife for a marbled effect.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store, in an airtight container at room-temperature, for up to 1 week.
For more recipe inspiration, check out www.hersheyskitchens.ca!
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the site to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.