Nothing says warming comfort food like a big bowl of soup. Our Instant Pot Coconut Curry Fish Soup recipe is full of flavour and comes together quickly for a delicious weeknight dinner
Soup, glorious soup! Soup is comfort, soup is love, soup is a hug in a bowl.
I don’t subscribe to the belief that soup is only to be enjoyed from September to March when it’s chilly out. I mean, why deprive yourself of something so good all-year round? I always have some kind of soup on the go during the week. It’s just a constant rotation of cooking, popping into containers, rotating through the freezer/fridge and ultimately enjoying!
I'm a sucker for any soup with coconut milk and this Coconut Curry Fish Soup, with a ton of flavour from the fish and curry paste, is so simple. Whip it up in your Instant Pot for a quick and easy weeknight meal. It's terrific on its own or with a side of rice or noodles and of course, paired alongside a glass of Sauvignon Blanc!
Eating and Drinking Sustainably
Speaking of great pairs, the inspiration behind this particular soup stems from the the idea of sustainability and ensuring future generations can appreciate what we have right now.
So when we were approached by a joint partnership between the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Nobilo Wines to promote their sustainability initiatives and encourage others to do the same, we said “let’s do it!” It’s quite simple, Nobilo Wines and the MSC bring the best of land and sea home to your kitchen so you can celebrate life’s simple pleasures, sustainably.
When it comes to enjoying what Mother Nature has provided for us, we need to be more mindful of our eating habits and decisions. That’s where an organization like MSC plays a vital role. Their motto is quite simple, “Today, Tomorrow and Always.” With a mission to end overfishing, they ensure that the fish and seafood come from stocks with a healthy population and with a minimal impact on the marine environment.
Look For The MSC Blue Fish Label!
In doing so, they are doing so in a sustainable and responsible manner with an eye towards keeping the ocean plentiful and able to continue as intended! And all you have to do is look for the MSC Blue Fish Label when grocery shopping. You’ll see it on hundreds of products (fresh, frozen, canned) and it’ll be available whether you’re looking for your favourite seafood or fish!
MSC options vary by region and retailers but can be found at grocery stores and retailers all across Canada.
Sustainable efforts don’t just stop when it comes to eating, it is also something you can look for when enjoying a glass of wine. Case in point, Nobilo Wines in New Zealand. Their Sauvignon Blanc is proudly certified by the Sustainable Winegrowing program in New Zealand. Their actions such as reducing the use of water at their winery, composting on-site and minimizing the use of CO2 and replacing with nitrogen to reduce emissions all help the environment!
And what you’re left with at the end of the day is a classic Sauvignon Blanc. It's fresh, crisp, refreshing, citrusy, with fruity flavours and great value for its price. It makes for a perfect pairing for fish and seafood!
Our Instant Pot Coconut Curry Fish Soup comes together in just over 30 minutes and can feed a crowd. Pair it with a few bottles of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc, a batch of noodles or rice or even some crusty bread and you have an easy, flavour packed meal for 8-12 on the table. It's perfect for an evening of casual entertaining and good company!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (medium-sized), diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2.5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3-5 makrut lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 12 oz Coconut Milk (1 can)
- 2 cups vegetabe broth
- 1-1.5 lbs cod white fish fillets, sliced into 1" pieces (Look for the MSC logo)
- 2 cups of firm tofu, cubed (optional)
- Set Instant Pot to "Saute" and add oil
- Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent and soft
- Add red pepper and jalapeno. Stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add mushrooms and stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add makrut lime leaves and curry paste and stir until well combined
- Pour in soup broth, stir.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir.
- Carefully and gently add the fish and slowly stir
- Carefully and gently add the tofu and slowly stir
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Press manual mode and choose 5 minutes cooking time (5 minutes for frozen or 3 minutes for thawed)
- When cooking time is up, let release go
- When serving, add lime and cilantro.
More Recipe Ideas
For more great recipe ideas and ways to be sustainable, check out the links below!
- Simply Beautiful Eating - Seafood Cacio E Pepe with White Wine Sauce
- Joyce of Cooking - Thai Poached Cod
- Balancing Andie - Cod with a Lemon Dill Wine Sauce
- Diversivore - Pescado con Vino
- Naughty Nutrition - Creamy Cauliflower Risotto with White Wine, Scallops & Sausage
- Nomss - Haddock Scallops Fennel Soup
- How to Eat - One Pan Salmon and Rice with Lemon White Wine Sauce
- A Taste of Madness - Salmon Pasta in White Wine Sauce
- The Parent Spot - Easy Tuna Pinwheels
- My Kitchen Love - Pan Fried Cod with White Wine and Butter
- Stems & Forks - Gochujang Scallops
- Spaceships and Laser Beams - Shrimp Dip
- Life In Pleasantville - Sustainability Without Sacrifice – Wine, Lobster & Other Creature Comforts
- Baked - Crispy Baked Baja Fish Tacos
- 27th & Olive - Creamy Seafood Pot Pie
- The Bewitchin' Kitchen - Seared Scallops with Creamy Garlic Wine Sauce
- Holistic Foodie - How to Throw an Eco-Friendly Party
- Twenty Minute Meal: Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Outdoor Living: Shore Lunch Fish Fry
- 20 Minute Meal: Quick and Easy Seafood Boil
Pin For Later