Saskatoon Food Photography and Food Styling Workshop
Do you love posting food photos of your latest meal out to Instagram or Facebook but they never seem to do the food justice?
Do you create fabulous recipes for your food blog but you struggle with styling them for the camera?
Does lighting puzzle you? Do your linens never seem to have that casually perfect drape about them?
Maybe you just want to get better with your DSLR or you want to learn how to tell a story with your food and your camera.
We'll cover all of these things and more in this hands-on Saskatoon food photography and food styling workshop!
This workshop is also the third stop on the three week long 2018 FBC Great Canadian Road Trip. Check out the Road Trip itinerary for more fun stops throughout Canada!
What You'll Learn
After this four hour hands-on workshop you'll have more confidence in your ability to style and take a mouthwatering food photo.
* how to plan and compose a shot
* basic lighting techniques
* how to frame shots for different mediums (i.e. your blog, instagram, facebook)
* how to set a mood
*how to use props, backdrops and garnishes to help tell your story
* tips for shooting on location - restaurants, events, culinary travel
* how to work towards a zero waste photo shoot (you shoot it, you eat it!)
Class size is limited to 20 people to ensure that everyone gets one on one attention from both instructors throughout the course of the afternoon. You'll receive feedback on your work and have the opportunity to ask them questions face to face.
- When: 10:00am - 3:00pm September 12th
- Where: Village Guitar and Amps, Saskatoon
- FBC Member Tickets: $200
- General Public Tickets: $300
- Food and props will be provided
- DSLRs, Point and shoot cameras and smart phone cameras are all welcome
- Lunch and snacks will be provided
- Tripods are not mandatory but are recommended
- We'll spend the last hour with a round table discussion of food blogging challenges
About Dennis Prescott
Dennis Prescott is the man behind the wildly successful Instagram account DennisThePrescott, where he showcases the bright, bold food photography that has earned him a global following. A former musician, he still travels the world to cook with others and to find the stories of how food brings us all together.
Dennis is the author of Eat Delicious and has been featured in magazines such as Esquire and Edit and has cooked with Harry Connick Jr and many, many chefs around the globe! He spends his down time at home in Moncton, NB.
About Renée Kohlman
Renée Kohlman is a pastry chef, food writer, and recipe developer living in Saskatoon. With 20 years of professional cooking experience, she counts her lucky stars every day that she has turned her passion for food into a career she loves. Her popular food blog Sweetsugarbean has provided her with many exciting opportunities, including her regular food columns in the Saskatoon StarPhoenix and other publications. One day she hopes to have a dishwasher in her kitchen!
Renée's first cookbook All the Sweet Things (TouchWood Editions) was published in April 2017.
Saskatoon's Village Guitar and Amp Co.
Village Guitar and Amp Co.
Your workspace will be Saskatoon's Village Guitar and Amp Co.
This large, roomy venue will give us al the space we need to move around freely!
432 20th Street