Every year we gather up some of our favourite gift ideas from around the web and from our brand partners to bring you our annual Holiday Gift Guide. We've got some great picks for you this year and there's something to fit every budget. (some links are affiliate links) If you missed it, yesterday we published our Holiday Cookbook Guide full of great titles any cookbook lover will be thrilled with! And, you can enter to win a brand new Nespresso VertuoLine coffee and espresso maker too!
The Nespresso VertuoLine Machine makes both freshly single serve brewed coffee and traditional espresso with a rich generous crema. It's also a beautifully sleek machine that will stand out in any kitchen. For more information visit Nespresso.com. And check out the end of our post where you can enter to win your very own Nespresso VertuoLine from FBC and Nespresso.
A new coffee or espresso maker may not be on your Christmas list this year but it's still easy to please the coffee or tea lover in your life with some of these great stocking suffer ideas:
- McCafe Coffee - McDonald’s Canada recently launched its McCafé Premium Roast coffee in grocery stores across the country. You can purchase it in ground, Keurig and Tassimo formats so you can enjoy it in your own home. Available in most Canadian grocery stores.
- Kiss Organics Organic Matcha Powder - this culinary grade matcha powder is perfect for making your own green tea lattes, smoothies or even incorporating into your cooking and baking. The green tea lover on your list will be delighted!
- Adagio Teas 20 ounce Meguro Cast Iron Teapot - a splurge for the true tea aficionado, this beautiful teapot will retain heat for a long time and comes with a stainless steel tea strainer.
- Republic of Tea Strawberry Chocolate tea - one of our all time favourite teas, this rooibos tea almost makes it ok to miss dessert! It's just one of the many delightful flavours made by Republic of Tea.
- Selfie Mug - perfect for the coffee or tea drinking selfie taker on your list. Fill it with a bag of coffee beans or some premium loose tea and you've got a great stocking stuffer or hostess gift
It's the food blogger in us but, when we see items for our kitchens we can't help but think whether or not they'd make a good food photography prop. Here are some beautiful, useful items that would love great in any food photo!
- Balsam Wood Serving Dishes - a beautiful set of three serving dishes that will look good on any table
- Now Designs Flour Sack Tea Towels - great all purpose towels for the kitchen
- Keep On Canning Linen Tea Towel - for the canner and preserver in your life
- Burlap Table Runner - the perfect backdrop for a rustic photoshoot - or party!
- Wooden Cutting Boards - these uniquely designed cutting boards will do double duty for charcuterie or cheese boards at your next party
For the gadget lover on your list we have these great gift ideas from futureshop.ca
- Shun classic santoku knife - WebID: 01298046 - Recommended by Top Chef Canada Winner, Rene Rodriguez , it is an all-purpose knife that works well with veggies and poultry for all your holiday cooking needs
- iDevices kitchen thermometer - WebID: 10300431 - Monitor the temperature of your food when cooking with this iDevice kitchen thermometer, it can monitor two temperatures at once and send an alert to your smart phone when you food is cooked!
- Brabantia digital scale - Web ID:10294316 - The perfect accessory to cooking great food: this Brabantia digital scale offers accurate measurements down to the gram, and features an easy-to-use timer to ensure everything comes out perfectly cooked.
- De Buyer le tube pastry syringe - WebID: 10231579 - Perfect for effortless dosing of cake dough, creams, mousses and more. The Debuyer pressure pastry syringe is every ambitious cook's dream tool.
- The Beer Machine 10L brewing machine - WebID: 10224105 - Perfect for the gastro geek! Allow your foodie friend to make their own perfect beer pairing to any dish they desire
And to keep any party moving, it's all about the beverages
- Luigi Bormioli Allegro Martini Glasses - this set of 4 martini glasses will add an air of elegance to any gathering
- Martini Picks - hold those olives together nicely with these cute sets of martini picks
- Bambu Coasters with Tree Motif - stylish coasters to protect your tabletops - and use in photos!
- Drinkmaster Stemless Wine Glasses
- True Fabrication 4 Bottle Ice Bucket - perfect for chilling wine, champagne, lemonade indoors or on a picnic.
The Pantelligent Pan is a remarkable new pan that actually helps you cook! Pantelligent has a temperature sensor inside it that communicates with the Pantelligent smartphone app. Together, the pan and the app guide you to cook everything perfectly, just the way a professional chef (or your mom!) would cook it. No more overcooked, undercooked, or burned food. You’ll know exactly when the pan is at the right temperature, when it's time to flip or stir, and when your food is perfectly done. You can support their great kickstarted campaign and get yourself your very own Pantelligent pan.
And why not end off with a treat for yourself after all that shopping. Visit your nearest Starbucks to try their new Chestnut Praline Latte.
The Nespresso Contest is only open to residents of Canada.
Splendid list! I love virtual shopping. 🙂
I’d love to give my brother-in-law The Beer Machine. He’d have so much fun making his own signature brew.
I would love to give my friend the burlap table runner!
The one gift I wish I could give this year…….would be that my husband relaxes and enjoys his limited time off.
He drives in ‘traffic’ nonsense to TO every day.
I would love to give everyone the gift of family but if we’re talking material then Vitamix’s for everyone!! 🙂
I’d like to be able to give my hubby a laptop.
Other than that we are pretty lucky, indeed.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Fantastic list! I’ll take one of everything please. I would gift the selfie mug to my kids. They would get a kick out of it.
I would love to give my husband a kick drum, but so far his make-shift one will have to do 🙂
I wish I could give my husband a new iPad so I could have his old one 🙂
I would love to get my son a new computer!
I’d love to gift a Shun knife. They are extremely wonderful to use.
I would love to give my husband a trip back to the country he grew up in, Pakistan.
I would buy my husband the santoku knife!
Love online shopping and your list is amazing.
I would love to give my wife a KitchenAid mixer
My sister would love to find those cutting boards under her Christmas tree. She and her husband entertain often and would put them to good use.
great list. Would love all of it.
I would love to give the pasta (roller and cutter) for the KitchenAid Stand Mixer to my father! He loves making pasta!
Now that I’ve seen those martini picks, I’d like to give them to several people!
I know a few people who would appreciate a Beer Machine.
I love gift guides. These look great!
I’d love to give my husband a big screen tv!
Shun classic santoku knife is one we cook daily with. It is remarkable and i would give to any food lover!
I want that Santoku knife. And Shun’s is a classic. So maybe I’ll give my husband that 😉
My dream would be to give back my husband his health and strength to overcome the tremendous battle he is facing.
Thanks for the wonderful gift suggestions! There are a few that would make great gifts for some family members.
the Nespresso machine would be a wonderful gift for my coffee addicted son.
The wooden bowls and the linen tea towel are my favourites 🙂
And, of course, the nespresso machine!
I’d love to give my Mom the Shun classic santoku knife – she really needs a new kitchen knife!
I wish I could give my sister a new house and some stability as it would change her life
I wish I could give my friend, who recently moved to Vancouver, a car so it would it be easier for her to commute from where she is staying all the way to where she is working (on opposite ends!)
I love those wooden bowls! So many great items on this list.
I’d love to give the gift of more time!
would love to give my children a trip to Scotland, to visit our family! Oh dare to dream!!
I wish I could surprise my boyfriend with a trip to Italy!
I wish I could give my husband a commercial espresso maker
I’d give my office this nespresso machine!! Their coffee is terrible!!
An airplane ticket for my mom.
i wish i could give my husband a Keurig 2.0 coffee maker!
I used the Nespresso while in Portugal and Italy – Even went to their branded boutique shops in Lisbon. Delicious selection.
A new car for my brother
More time, but since that’s not possible, wish i could pay off my parents mortgage.
Cook up a Christmas dinner for my family!
What a superb roundup! Here’s where I get all sappy, but hey, you asked… my cousin passed away in April and this will be my Aunt and Uncle’s first Christmas without her… I wish I could give them the gift of happiness. I know this Christmas will be hard for them, and I want nothing more for them to feel happy again. I know she would want that for them.
Thanks so much for the chance to win.
A Coffee Machine to my Mom.
I wish I could give my little sister a hug. We live an ocean apart so I’ll have to save my “gift” until I see her next fall!
A coffee maker for my sister
The starbucks card for my niece – she is in love with the vanlla frappachino with raspberry syrup as she says it tastes like cotton candy
I think it would be awesome to give my mom a vacation somewhere hot!
An iPad mini to my niece!
a KitchenAid Mixer to my mom 🙂 she loves baking and this would help her out alot!
I wish I could buy my partner a new laptop 🙁
I would love to give my girlfriend a new desktop
I am going to get a box of chocolate strawberries for my friends’ kids who just arrived in Canada and are going to have their first Christmas here!
my sweetie would love the nepresso
This Nespresso Vertuoline machine for my parents!
I would love to give hubby a new laptop or a set of good knives, he loves cooking!
a handbag for mom
Would love to get my boyfriend a new keyboard!
I would love to be able to give my kids an iPod
I love those beautiful cutting boards!
I wish I could give my daughter an iPad mini – she’d love one.
A really good set of knives!
I would be gifting my husband a laptop because I am always on his doing “contest” if I could.
I’d love to give my hubby his own car so he doesn’t have to drive me around everywhere (and I wouldn’t need to score rides from everyone else)
I’d give my bestie a Nespresso VertuoLine Machine.
I wish I could give pearl necklace to my wife
I really wanted to give my husband a DSLR camera for Christmas, but have been off work since May following surgery. Hopefully, next year!
This is truthful and a little too deep, but there is someone I would love to give the gift of perfect health to this holiday season. But, alas, I cannot.
On a more material side, I wish I could give my husband a vacation somewhere hot in the New Years – that would be the best gift for him. He would love it.
I know few struggling families and I wish I could give them the gift of being debt free and having financial freedom