We love our cookbooks so much that when it came time to create this year's FBC Holiday Gift Guide we couldn't limit ourselves to just a handful. So we created a second gift guide - the FBC 2014 Cookbook Gift Guide. It's chock full of some of our favourite new and old titles and includes some great publications from FBC members. And... you can win 1 of four great books that we're giving away courtesy of House of Anansi and Jo Packham and Quarry Books!
Canada's culinary scene is thriving from coast to coast with each region having it's own unique character. Here's a few titles to check out that have the west, the east and everything in between covered.
- The Dirty Apron Cookbook: Recipes from Vancouver's much loved Dirty Apron Cooking School.
- Calgary Cooks - a showcase of recipes from 40 of the city's best chefs
- Toronto Cooks - a compendium of over 100 signature recipes from some of the city's best restaurants
- Made In Quebec - Julian Anderson, the long time food writer The Gazette of Montreal, celebrates all that is Quebecois cuisine from the producers to the chefs and the restaurant scene
- Rock Recipes - FBC Member Barry Parsons brings his Newfoundland twist to his new collection of recipes that features some of the most popular recipes from his blog as well as many new ones
FBC Members were busy this year producing cookbooks and culinary guides that we know were a labour of love for all of them!
- The Messy Baker - true to her blog name, Charmian Christie celebrates all that is messy, sticky, and wonderful about cooking in your own kitchen with this collection of honest home cooking and baking recipes.
- Ottawa Food - if anyone knows the Ottawa food scene it's the duo of Don and Jenn at FoodiePrints. They've captured our nation's capital's culinary scene in their first foray into book authorship.
- Oh She Glows - Angela Liddon's book based on her popular blog of vegan recipes is still sitting at the #2 spot on Amazon Canada's best seller list over a year after publication!
- Gatherings - Jan Scott of Family Bites and Julie Van Rosendaal of Dinner With Julie team up for this book that celebrates bringing people together with food. The book includes recipes and entertaining tips to take the fear out of hosting your own party.
- Niagara Food - for Tiffany Mayer, the story of the Niagara Peninsula's food culture is a passion that she explores in her first book
- The Allergy-Free Cook Bakes Cakes & Cookies - Laurie Sadowski makes delicious things come to life without gluten, and in many cases, dairy and eggs, making treats available to those who would normally have to say no.
Here are some of our favourite culinary books this year from outside of Canada. And we have giveaways to go with them! Be sure to enter to win one of two copies of Thug Kitchen, or a copy of Everything Goes With Ice Cream, or a copy of The Artisan Food Entrepreneur at the bottom of the post.
- The Artisan Food Entrepreneur - Jo Packham's book looks at the stories of some of the top of food entrepreneurs out there. Be inspired and get valuable business advice for your own food business.
- Thug Kitchen - the authors of the hugely successful Thug Kitchen blog bring their vegan recipes to to the page with their usual style in this #1 selling cookbook.
- Cookbook Book - one of the most intriguing books to catch our eye this season, the Cookbook Book celebrates just that... the cookbook. Compiled by a panel of experts in food, photography, art and design, this book lovingly looks at cookbooks in all shapes and sizes - from the classics to the quirky! A must for any cookbook lover.
- Plenty More - another outstanding title from Yotam Ottolenghi following up the original Plenty. Celebrate vegetarian cooking with stunning beauty.
- Everything Goes With Ice Cream - this cute little book is actually not international - it comes from Abbotsford BC's, Koralee Teichroeb and includes ice cream recipes, recipes for things that go with ice cream and party ideas and crafts to throw a perfect summer ice cream social.
And now we have goodies for you to win! We are giving away 2 copies of Thug Kitchen, a copy of Artisan Food Entrepreneur and a copy of Everything Goes with Ice Cream.