A quick version of the news this week - mainly to welcome all our new members! Welcome aboard.
A few other things you may want to check out...
On Board in 20
Be sure to check out our latest column, On Board in 20, from Lisa Bolton at Food Well Said. Once a month, Lisa will be sharing a healthy meal that you can get on the table for your family, with whole ingredients, in about 20 minutes. She makes it easy to get the whole family around the dinner table together!
This month's On Board in 20 is Mini Ricotta Meatballs over Lemon Rice and Peas.
The Weekly Menu Plan
After a hiatus of a few months we want to get the FBC Weekly Menu Plan back up and running. If you're interested in participating be sure to email Melissa with the subject line: Weekly Menu Plan. Be sure to check out how the weekly menu plan works by browsing the different menu plans up. We will be looking for you to contribute 7 dishes, images, a brief intro and a bio.
St Patrick's Day Recipe Roundup
We will be doing a small St. Patrick's Day Recipe Roundup the week of March 9th. Unlike our larger roundups where we accept all submissions, we will only be taking a maximum of 15 submissions for this one. We will be doing a much larger roundup for Easter if you don't get included in this one!
Here are the submission guidelines:
- The post can be old or brand new
- Posts should be St Patrick's themed (think green!).
- You may submit one post – please, do not send multiples and ask us to decide!
- You must be an FBC Member to participate (not a member? see if you can join)
- Send a link to your post, your first and last name (we will only publish your first name), your blog name and ONE image 640px wide, to Melissa by 5pm PT, Friday Feb 27, 2015 with the subject line: St. Patrick's Submission.
- We may use the image you submit to promote the roundup on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- The number one reason posts are not included in our roundups is because the photo is the wrong size. It MUST be 640px wide.
- Try to send your best photo from the post - good photos encourage click throughs to your blog and we will pin the image you submit to our appropriate pinterest boards.
- Roundups will be published the week of March 9th, 2015.
We’re looking forward to seeing what you all submit!
A warm welcome to our newest batch of Canadian food bloggers. We're glad to have you join us!
- Immortal Pestle (QC)
- Hey Maca (QC)
- Délices & Confession (QC)
- Baking On The Side (BC)
- That Brunch Life (BC)
- Picky to Plenty (ON)
- In the Kitchen With Yolanda (MB)
- The Adventures of NutriGirl (ON)
- Paleo Wired (BC)
- Picky Diners (BC)
- Happy Apron (BC)
- Jay Eatz (ON)
- Em the Foodie (ON)
- Back of a Napkin (AB)
- Bounty Creak Farms (SK)
- The Pure Life (BC)
And remember, if you have anything you’d like to share with your fellow members in the news, please let us know about it. To have your submission appear in a Monday news post, the deadline is Friday at 5pm Pacific time. You can send your 3-4 sentence submissions directly to Melissa and include any relevant links.
As always, Ethan & Melissa