Whip up this quick and easy 5 Ingredient Vanilla Bean Custard Pie to impress guests. It's a perfect easy dessert for home entertaining - your friends and family will love it!
This post is sponsored by Burnbrae Farms.
This Vanilla Bean Custard Pie is a classic custard pie made easy by using Burnbrae Farms EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original and elevated with the addition of vanilla bean caviar. The result is rich and creamy with a silky-smooth texture and an elegant taste of vanilla. Serve with some sweetened whipped cream for a little extra indulgence.
This is just one in a trio of Burnbrae EGG Creations! recipes we've created that are perfect for home entertaining. You might also like our 5 Ingredient Tex Mex Muffin Tin Eggs or our 6 Ingredient Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Burnbrae Farms EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original
Burnbrae Farms EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original make baking a breeze. All they contain is real whole eggs and a dash of sea salt making them as simple as "shake and pour". No cracking, no shells, just eggs!
Vanilla Bean Custard Pie
If you're looking for an easy dessert that will still impress when you're entertaining at home, this Vanilla Bean Custard Pie is a perfect dish to whip up. It only takes 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare before you pop it in the oven. What comes out is a simple but elegant dessert that tastes divine.
Save time by using a store bought pie crust - a 9 inch will work best. EGG Creations! Whole Eggs are simply whisked together with milk, sugar and vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract) and poured into the crust for baking.
When baking a custard pie baking times can vary depending on your oven. This pie can take between 60 and 75 minutes to cook through so start checking your pie at the 60 minute mark to avoid over cooking it.
For a little extra indulgence, make a batch of whipped cream to garnish the pie or allow guests to help themselves as they wish. You could also garnish with a few sprigs of mint for a little extra touch of spring - this makes for a perfect end to Easter dinner or Mother's Day!
- 1 single store-bought refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup / 250ml Egg Creations Whole Eggs Original
- 2 cups / 500ml whole milk
- ⅔ cup / 135g granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half and scraped (or 1 tbsp / 15ml pure vanilla extract)
- ½ cup / 125ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp / 25g granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and position a rack in the lower third of oven.
- Roll out the pie crust onto a 9” pie plate. Crimp the edges as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Eggs Creation Whole Eggs Original, milk, sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Carefully pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving.
- Beat the whipping cream with sugar until soft to medium peaks. Serve on the side or spread on top of pie.