Canmore Two Day Intensive Blogging Retreat
Are you putting in what feels like a ton of effort to build your blog and your audience but you just can't seem to break through to the next level?
Do you wish you had a team of mentors who've seen it all who could coach you through the rough spots?
Do you wish you had a support group of like minded bloggers who you could bounce ideas off of?
If that sounds like you, then this retreat is perfect for you!
Join Us In The Rockies!
Join us for two days in Canada's stunning Rocky Mountains for our all inclusive, intimate food blogging retreat from September 8-9.
If your goal is to grow your food blog into a full time business or a part time business that generates a significant portion of your income, this is the retreat for you.
We've brought together an incredible team of photography, writing, blogging and social media professionals who will be working with you in an intimate environment (a maximum of twenty spots are available) for two full days.
You'll learn skills to take your photography, writing and your blog to the next level through hands on workshops and small mastermind breakout groups. You'll be able to network with fellow attendees in a way that's impossible at larger events.
We want to send you home with the tools you need to take the next steps in your business. We want to help you connect with other bloggers facing the same challenges so you can work together to grow after the weekend is over. Of course, we want to make sure you have some time for relaxation, fun and, of course, good food.
Meet Your Instructors & What They'll Be Covering
You'll spend the weekend working and living with this experienced and talented team of instructors and mentors. They'll be guiding you through workshops and our mini mastermind sessions, giving you tips, practical takeaways and feedback while sharing their wide ranging expertise. You can read their full bios here.
Ethan is part of the co-founding team of FBC and manages all the FBC Blogger/Brand campaigns as well as FBC's own brand partnerships. He'll be available to answer questions on how to network and approach brands, pitching yourself and creating your own brand campaign opportunities. If you want to form long term relationships with your brand partners, Ethan is the person to answer your questions!
Denise is the voice behind one of Canada's most successful food blogs, Sweet Peas and Saffron, where she shares meal prep and planning recipes and tips with her highly engaged audience. Denise will be outlining how focussing and niching down her blog, creating content that serves her readers, running regular reader challenges and giving her readers a safe community to interact with each other helped her achieve her biggest growth and create a very active, loyal community.
Jennifer is one of Canada's most respected food writers, has published multiple books (and won a Taste Canada Award for one of them!) and is the founder of the Okanagan Food And Wine Writer's Workshop. In her food writing workshop she'll be helping attendees refine their writing skills while gaining confidence in their storytelling abilities.
Melissa is part of the co-founding team of FBC and manages content creation and the FBC community. She's also a graphic designer by trade. She'll be available to answer questions on creating content for different mediums and social platforms, branding strategies, bringing on content contributors to your site and building a community through your blog, newsletters and social channels.
Karlynn is the author behind the long standing and very popular recipe blog, The Kitchen Magpie. She has authored one cookbook and is working on her second. With nearly 10 years of blogging experience she's seen it all! Along with her husband, Mike Johnston, she'll be talking about how to work on the blog as a team, the benefits of bringing on help so that you can continue to grow and the importance of diversifying your revenue generation.
Mike is the tech and cocktail guy behind his wife's Karlynn's popular blog, The Kitchen Magpie. He himself is a long time blogger with over 10 years of experience, particularly in the tech and content management niche. Along with Karlynn, Mike will be talking about how to work on the blog as a team, the benefits of bringing on help so that you can continue to grow and the importance of diversifying your revenue generation. He might even be answering some tech questions!
Dennis will be bringing his formidable photography and styling skills to Canmore to guide you through a hands on food photography workshop where you'll be able to take your skills to the next level. With over 400K Instagram followers, he knows his stuff! He'll cover styling, lighting, developing your signature style and how to set up and shoot so your work can be repurposed on your blog and multiple social media platforms. He may even put his chef skills to work and cook for us!
What You'll Learn
This two day weekend retreat will give you practical takeaways, the opportunity to work with experienced instructors and mentors who can help you take the next steps in your blogging journey and the opportunity to network in a new way. Here are some of the things you'll be learning
* food photography and food styling during a 3 hour hands on workshop with Dennis Precott
* improve your food writing and storytelling abilities
* how to niche down and focus your blog
* how to focus on serving your audience with content and interaction that engages them
* how to create audience participation through challenges, Facebook groups and live broadcasts
* strategies for building community on your blog and outside of it
* tips for branding yourself
* how to work with a team (and even your family!)
* why you should bring on help in order to facilitate growth
* tips for diversifying your income and your audience
* strategies for connecting with brands in your niche
* tips for pitching yourself to brands and strategies for forming more profitable, long term brand relationships
Bring Us Your Blogging Challenges
We encourage all retreat participants to bring their questions and blogging challenges with them! We'll be making time to deep dive into some of your biggest blogging struggles to help you break through and move forward!
Retreat size is limited to 20 people to ensure that everyone has ample opportunity to actively participate with both the instructors and fellow attendees over the weekend.
Why You Should Attend!
Besides all the instruction you'll receive throughout the weekend, we've got even more reasons why you should attend this first FBC blogging retreat weekend!
* this is a one of a kind opportunity to spend quality, one on one time with some of Canada's most experienced professionals in the food and blogging world
* the instructors will be spending the entire weekend with the whole group ensuring you have access to them for two full days
* you will have the opportunity to meet other bloggers who are facing the same challenges as you and form new friendships while learning from each other
* we'll be facilitating deep dive round table (mastermind) discussions where you can ask for help with your most challenging issues
* attendance is capped at 20 which means you will not be overwhelmed with crowds or feel like you can't ask questions or speak directly to the instructors
* a capped attendance also means everyone will be able to receive direct attention from the instructors
* we haven't forgotten the importance of being a mentally and physically healthy blogger - you'll have some downtime to take a pilates class just for our group or go for an early morning walk. And, we'll have other fun activities you can participate in during the weekend (or you can just chill during your off hours!)
* all attendees will receive a one-on-one, one hour follow up coaching call with FBC, post-retreat to help make sure you are on the right track to moving your blog forward.
- When: 9:30am Sept 8th - 4pm September 9th
- Where: Basecamp Resorts Lodge
- Single Occupancy Tickets: $999 CDN
- Double Occupancy Tickets (you will be assigned a roommate if you don't already have a friend coming with you): $799 CDN
- No Accomodation Ticket (if you are sharing a single occupancy room/bed with another attendee): $619 CDN
- Ticket includes a 3 hour hands on food photography workshop with Dennis Prescott
- All meals and snacks are included from start to finish
- Ticket includes an optional Sunday morning pilates class with a qualified instructor or a morning walk (or you can sleep in if you choose!)
- Ticket includes a one hour, one-on-one personalized post-retreat follow up coaching call with FBC (regularly a $150 cost)
- Please bring a camera: DSLRs, Point and shoot cameras and smart phone cameras are all welcome
- Tripods are not mandatory but are recommended
- in order to make the most of this retreat we strongly suggest you come prepared to be open about the business aspects of your blog so that we can help you as much as possible
Your home away from home for the weekend will be Canmore's Basecamp Resorts Lodge. Let the Rocky Mountains inspire you!
Retreat tickets for single and double occupancy rooms are both available.
1002 Bow Valley Trail,