The FBC2018 Great Canadian Road Trip
After hosting FIVE sold-out national food blogging conferences from 2013-2017 the crew at Food Bloggers of Canada have decided to shake things up and hit the road! It's time to share the FBC experience with as many people across Canada as we can!
Starting in Vancouver and heading east, we'll be driving for three weeks from coast to coast! We'll be hosting 10 events in 10 cities this September and we'd love to have you join us!
Because what's a road trip without friends?
Where Are The Pit Stops?
We're so glad you asked!
We'll be hosting a mixture of one-day mini conferences, half day workshop events, long table dinners across the country and one intimate overnight retreat in the Canmore, AB!
Here's the itinerary as it stands right now (please note, all dates and venues are subject to change at this time).
Detailed Ticket and Event information can be found on our Ticket Page.
- Vancouver, BC - September 5th at Soundhouse Studios
- Canmore, AB - September 8-9 at Basecamp Lodge
- Saskatoon, SK - September 12 at Village Guitars
- Winnipeg, MB - September 15 at Kitchen Sync
- Trent Hills, ON - September 20 at Warkworth Town Hall For The Arts
- Montreal, QC - September 21 in partnership with Saisons at L'Éloi
- Quebec City, QC - September 22 in partnership with Saisons at Le Monastère des Augustines
- Moncton, NB - September 23 at Tide & Boar Gastropub
- Halifax, NS - September 25 at Chain Yard Cidery
- Toronto, ON - September 28 at Penguin Random House Canada HQ
Who's Riding Shotgun?
Speaking of friends, we've enlisted our good friend, that rock star food photographer, instagrammer, cookbook author and chef, Dennis The Prescott, to come along for the ride.
And of course, we'll be joined by special guest in each city we visit and you won't want to miss it!
Dennis will be hosting food photography workshops or talks in each city on the trip but here's a few other faces you can expect to see (with more to be announced shortly!)
- Lisa Bolton in Vancouver
- Denise Bustard of Sweet Peas and Saffron in Canmore
- Karlynn and Mike Johnston of The Kitchen Magpie in Canmore
- Author Jennifer Cockrall-King in Canmore
- Renee Kohlman of Sweetsugarbean in Saskatoon
- Ashley Fehr of The Recipe Rebel in Winnipeg
- Claire Tansey of Claire Tansey's Kitchen in Winnipeg
- Shel Zolkewich in Winnipeg
- Joel MacCharles and Dana Harrison of Well Preserved in Trent Hills
- Ayngelina Brogan of Bacon is Magic in Halifax
- Pailin Chongchitnant of Hot Thai Kitchen in Halifax
- Kelly Neil in Halifax
- Charlene Theodore of Chew Street in Toronto
- Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health in Toronto
- Suresh Doss in Toronto
- Afrim Pristine of The Cheese Boutique in Toronto
Come Along For The Ride
The more the merrier is our motto so we hope to see you in a city near you. Tickets will go on June 18th but in the meantime watch this space and our social media channels as we announce more information and details about each city including events, speakers and of course, food!
If your business is interested in taking part and hitting the road with FBC and Dennis The Prescott this September let us know! Sponsorship Kits are available from Ethan Adeland upon request and, as you can imagine, a trip like this makes for many unique sponsorship opportunities. We'd love to hear from you!
stay tuned for much more information coming soon!