We currently have three levels of membership open. Please read to see which is the right one for you before joining.
**please note: we do check each blog or business that registers to ensure they meet membership requirements.
Canadian Food Bloggers – Primary Level
Primary is free and open to all food, beverage, or food producing agriculture related blogs that are published within Canada.
Because we do review each membership, membership processing can take 2-3 weeks depending on application volumes. Please be patient!
- Your blog must be a personal one and AT LEAST 50% FOCUSED ON FOOD, (RECIPES, RESTAURANT REVIEWS, CULINARY TRAVEL, BEVERAGES OR FOOD PRODUCTION (gardening, agriculture)) – we cannot emphasize this point strongly enough.
- If you run a parenting, fitness or lifestyle blog you must ensure that it is very obvious when landing on your home page that 50% of your content is food related (we do not count giveaway posts as food related posts)
- You must publish within Canada. If you are a Canadian blogging outside of Canada, please scroll down to our Members Abroad membership level
- You MUST have an active food blog to join our membership. If you are not a blogger yet, please feel free to browse the site and read our blogging resources. And be sure to join once you have your food blog up and running!
- We do not currently accept micro blogs (blogs that only operate on Facebook or Instagram). We are considering accepting instagram only blogs later in 2016.
The Primary Level gives you to access to:
- paid brand/sponsored opportunities
- food related freelancing opportunities outside of your blog (food photography, food writing, recipe development)
- the opportunity to write original content for FBC (we pay our writers!)
- the opportunity to participate in FBC’s weekly and monthly recipe roundups
- the opportunity to pin to FBC’s shared pinterest boards (we have over 10K followers on our group boards)
- access to our member’s only Facebook group to ask questions and get blogging advice
- access to our member’s only linkup and social share Facebook group
- the opportunity to become a featured blog
- the chance to participate in our member only contests
- help to promote book launches or product launches related to your blog
- access to FBC exclusive sponsored events
- occasional partner discounts
- the opportunity to attend our annual conference.
It is very important that you please give us your real first and last name when you join. We do review each member application. If you don’t want your real name included in our directory please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you. If you are an anonymous restaurant reviewer wishing to join, please contact us directly.
Unfortunately, each week we turn down memberships that do not meet these requirements so please ensure you meet the requirements before applying, If in doubt, please contact us before applying.Join Primary Level
Canadian Food Bloggers Abroad – Canadians Abroad Level
If you are a Canadian blogging about food from from outside Canada, this is the membership level for you.
Canadians Abroad is free and open to all food, beverage, or food producing agriculture related blogs that are published outside Canada by a Canadian citizen. Your blog must be a personal one and at least 50% focused on food, beverages or food production (gardening, agriculture).
Because we do check each blog to make sure it meets membership requirements, please make sure that it’s clear somewhere on your blog or in your member profile what country you blog from and which part of Canada you are originally from – we also use this information to list you in our Membership Directory.
Because of shipping costs, or due to the nature of some of our partners and contests, we can’t promise that the opportunities available to our Primary members will be available to Canadians Abroad. We will make every effort to include you wherever possible and we will state clearly on all posts, contests, partnership offers whether or not the offer is open to Canadians Abroad. You will still have access to all the site resources, a chance to become a featured blogger and to contribute to the site as a writer.
It is very important that you please give us your real first and last name when you join. We do review each member application. If you don’t want your real name included in our directory please let us know and we will be happy to accommodate you. If you are an anonymous restaurant reviewer wishing to join, please contact us directly.Join Canadians Abroad
Food, Beverage, Marketing or PR Related Businesses – Business Level
This level is open to businesses that revolve around food and/or beverages or who work with Canadian food bloggers.Join Business/Sponsor Level