About Food Bloggers of Canada (FBC)
FBC was founded in 2011 as a way for Canadian food bloggers to connect, network and find resources to expand their blogging knowledge. At FBC, we continue to build a community for food bloggers of all kinds to come together to learn, share and get to know one another.
FBC was founded in 2011 by friends and fellow food bloggers Melissa Hartfiel, Ethan Adeland and Mardi Michels. With their backgrounds in food, marketing, event management, teaching, writing, photography and design, they knew they had a unique opportunity to bring together the many talented food bloggers across Canada. You can get to know our whole team better and see our combined love for food!
The Goals of FBC
At FBC, our goal is to promote and foster the Canadian food blogging niche to the rest of the country and the world. We are an inclusive organization that recognizes the tremendous diversity in Canada and how that is reflected in Canadian food blogs.
At FBC, our aim is to provide bloggers…
- Practical resources to improve all aspects of their blog
- The opportunity to meet and network online and off-line with other Canadian food bloggers
- Opportunities to showcase their work to new audiences
- Opportunities to work with brands that understand & value blogger influence
What an FBC Member Can Expect
- Blogging resources on a wide range of topics including writing, recipe development, food photography, social media, blog monetization, technology platforms and much more
- Opportunities to work with national, local and international brands on their blog.
- Access to freelance writing, photography and recipe development opportunities
- Opportunities to be a content contributor to the FBC site
- The opportunity to become a featured FBC Member
- Multiple avenues to connect and network with over 2,400 other Canadian food bloggers!
Food Bloggers of Canada Conference
In 2013, we hosted Canada’s first national food blogging conference, better known as FBC2013, at Hockley Valley Resort in Southern Ontario. It was a sell out! Since then we have hosted three more sellout events: FBC2014 in Vancouver, FBC2015 in Montreal and FBC2016 in Toronto!
In 2017, we’re heading to Ottawa to celebrate our 5th conference and Canada’s 150 birthday! We’ll be hosting the FBC2017 conference at the Delta Ottawa City Centre from Oct. 20-22 (currently sold-out!). If you are interested in receiving our FBC2017 Sponsorship kit, please contact our Managing Director of Partnerships, Ethan Adeland.