Official Rules: “#ONAppleADay Instagram Photo & Caption Challenge” August 10th to September 5th.
Open to members of Food Bloggers of Canada who are residents of Ontario.
Share your Ontario Apple moment: do you have a favourite apple picking memory or photo from your youth? Do you have a favourite apple recipe you itch to whip up each fall? As we get ready for another fall apple harvest we want you to tell us a story, share a memory, a recipe, a moment – a moment made special with Ontario apples.
The #ONAppleADay Photo & Caption Challenge opens August 10th, 2017 and closes on September 5th, 2017. The contest is open ONLY to members of Food Bloggers of Canada who reside in the province of Ontario.
There will be one prize awarded: a full conference pass to the sold out FBC2017 in Ottawa this October! (Does not include transportation).
By entering the challenge, including the #ONAppleADay and #FBC2017 hashtags and tagging @OntarioApples you agree @OntarioApples can feature your photo and caption on the @OntarioApples Instagram account, giving you proper credit.
The Photo Challenge is sponsored by the Ontario Apple Growers. No purchase is necessary to enter. Entry in the Photo Challenge constitutes acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions set out below. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- How to Enter
- Eligible individuals may enter the Photo Challenge via Instagram by using the following hashtags #contest, #ONAppleAday & #FBC2017 and tagging @OntarioApples. Posts must be made to a public account.
- Although individuals may enter the Photo Challenge more than once, each entry must be different than the first, and be approved by the Photo Challenge’s supervisor. Each contestant is eligible to submit one (1) photo per day for the duration of the Photo Challenge.
- The winning ‘Ontario apple moment/memory’ will be chosen from entries who follow Ontario Apple Growers on Instagram (@OntarioApples), have met the contest guidelines, are residents of Ontario, and are members of Food Bloggers of Canada.
- Share your Ontario Apple moment: do you have a favourite apple picking memory or photo from your youth? Do you have a favourite apple recipe you itch to whip up each fall? As we get ready for another fall apple harvest we want you to tell us a story, share a memory, a recipe, a moment – a moment made special with Ontario apples.
- The prize consists of one full weekend pass to FBC2017 (no travel).
- The retail value of each prize is: $699.00 CDN + HST
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of qualifying entries received.
- Shortly after the Photo Challenge time period is completed, a panel of Ontario Apple Growers will select the winner. The winning photo will be based on the quality and relevance of the photograph to the Photo Challenge’s outline, one prize recipient will be selected. The selected entrant will be notified via Instagram when the winning photo is re-posted (with full credit given) to the winner’s account by Ontario Apple Growers. The winning entrant will be asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours following the draw to claim their prize. The Ontario Apple Growers accept no liability for incorrect, incomplete or illegible contact information provided to it. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the selected entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted in the manner described above, or if a selected entrant is not eligible or otherwise does not comply with the Photo Challenge Rules, their entry will be declared void and another entry will be rewarded the prize.
- To claim any prize, a selected entrant will be required to email email@example.com within 24 hours of being notified and provide a full mailing address.
- The prize winner must be a legal resident of Ontario, Canada at the time the prize is awarded.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable or convertible into cash. No transfer, substitution, or conversion of prizes will be allowed, except by the Ontario Apple Growers as described below.
- Except as expressly represented or warranted herein, all prizes are provided to winners “as is” without any additional or further representation or warranty of any kind.
- No interest will be paid on any cash prizes.
- All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The Ontario Apple Growers reserve the right to substitute any and all prizes for prizes of an equal retail value in the event that the intended prizes become unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Ontario Apple Growers.
- The Photo Challenge is open only to legal residents of Ontario, Canada. The Photo Challenge is void where prohibited by law. The Ontario Apple Growers, its agents, affiliates, and sponsors do not warrant that the Photo Challenge may be entered legally in any particular jurisdiction. The Ontario Apple Growers reserve the right to terminate the Photo Challenge or to modify the rules as necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law.
- Only the creator of an image has the right to submit it. All entrants must ensure that they own the copyright. Prizes will be awarded to the entrants.
- Employees, agents, and representatives of the Ontario Apple Growers their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of the foregoing, and those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled, are not eligible.
- General Provisions
- By submitting an entry or claiming a prize, the participant agrees to be bound by all the terms, conditions, and provisions set out in these Photo Challenge Rules.
- The Photo Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- All decisions of the Ontario Apple Growers, and any judge or judges appointed by the Ontario Apple Growers, with respect to any aspect of the Photo Challenge shall be final and without appeal.
- The Ontario Apple Growers accepts no liability whatsoever arising in respect of the participation in the Photo Challenge by any individual or the awarding or use of the prize.
- Persons found to be tampering with or abusing any aspects of the Photo Challenge, as determined in the sole discretion of the Ontario Apple Growers, will be disqualified.
- In the event that circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Ontario Apple Growers result in the determination by the Ontario Apple Growers, in its sole discretion, that the fairness or integrity of the Photo Challenges has been materially compromised, the Ontario Apple Growers reserve the right to suspend, delay or terminate the contest.
- By entering into the Photo Challenge, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you:
- Between the Ontario Apple Growers and its agents and representatives for the sole purpose of administering the contest;
- To initiate, maintain and develop a relationship with you in connection with the offering of goods and services of the Ontario Apple Growers; and
- To make available to you from time to time information, promotional material, and other material which may be of interest to you.
- By entering the Photo Challenge, you consent to the use of and disclosure of your name and/or likeness, without compensation, by the Ontario Apple Growers for the purposes of the disclosure of the identity of prize winners and for the general promotional purposes of the Ontario Apple Growers in connection with the Photo Challenge.
- You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time.
- You have a right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have it amended, as appropriate. You also have a right to request access to your personal information and receive an accounting of how that information has been used and disclosed, subject to certain expectations prescribed by law. For example, if the requested information would reveal personal information about another individual, your request for access may be limited or denied. To request access or to amend your personal information, please contact our General Manager. The Ontario Apple Growers will respond within thirty (30) days receipt of your written request.
- The Ontario Apple Growers will respond to inquiries about its policies and practices relating to its handling of your personal information. Inquiries should be directed to the General Manager. The Ontario Apple Growers will investigate all complaints and will respond within 30 days of receipt of a written inquiry. If the complaint is found to be justified, the Ontario Apple Growers will take appropriate measures to resolve it, including, if necessary, amending this Policy and its procedures.
- Like most other commercial websites and social media channels, the Ontario Apple Growers may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information to optimize your visit to our website. To help you save time, we use a special feature called a “cookie” to help us provide customizable services to our consumers. Cookies are like mini-files that live on your hard drive and save your preferences so you do not have to re-enter the same information over and over again. Cookies do not damage your system or impair its functioning in any way. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. If you choose not to accept the cookies, your experience on this website may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
- While we welcome email inquiries, emails sent over the Internet is not secure and may be lost, intercepted, or altered. If you send personally identifiable information to us via email, we will not be liable if it is lost or intercepted, altered or misused by someone else.
- If you have any questions or complaints about the handling of your personal information, if you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, or to request access or to update any information we have on file, please contact:
Ontario Apple Growers
#ONappleAday Instagram Photo Challenge
1634 South Service Road
St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P9
- Limitation on Liability
The Ontario Apple Growers, its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any judge or judges appointed by the Ontario Apple Growers, and in each case their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, shall not, in any circumstances whatsoever, be liable for:
- Any cost, liability, expense, injury, damage or claim of any kind, arising in connection with the Photo Challenge or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; or
- Any incidental, consequential, special or indirect damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The Ontario Apple Growers will not be liable for late, lost, invalid, ineligible, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected or postage due entries or prize claims.
- The Ontario Apple Growers assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or the failure of any entry or prize claim to be received by the Ontario Apple Growers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof.
- By entering into the Photo Challenge, each participant releases and holds harmless the Ontario Apple Growers, its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any judge or judges appointed by the Ontario Apple Growers, and in each case their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, from any and all liability in connection with the Photo Challenge or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, the entrant hereby grants Ontario Apple Growers the right to use photos submitted to the contest. Ontario Apple Growers will have rights to use images digitally to promote Ontario Apple Growers via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets giving credit to the owner/original entrant’s Instagram account name. Waiver forms/ model releases are the responsibility of the entrant and must be available in the event the photo is selected as a winning photograph.