An Authentic Collection of Sauces and Marinades Inspired by the 7000 Islands of the Philippines
The name Pulo is Filipino for “island” - and with over 7000 islands, the Philippines is home to a diverse blend of cultures including Malay, Chinese, Spanish and Indian. With these dynamic influences all contributing to the rich flavours of the region, it’s no surprise that Filipino cooking is often referred to as the original fusion cuisine.
Pulo is an award winning line of sauces and marinades inspired by the diverse cuisine of the Philippines (Winner, 2012 Grand Prix) and comes in 5 varieties:
- Lemongrass Atsuete Marinade – combines mild citrus and peppery flavours ideal for meat and vegetables.
- Mango Chili Marinade – combines sweet fruit aromas and savoury flavours with a little spicy heat.
- Pineapple Tamarind Marinade – balances sweet and sour aromas with a refreshing fruity flavour.
- Kare Kare Toasted Peanut Cooking Sauce – a rich, nutty aroma with a slight hint of palm vinegar.
- Coconut Adobo Cooking Sauce – balances the savoury taste of coconut with a touch of chili and vinegar.
Pulo is a premium, natural product that has no artificial flavours, colours, or preservatives. Pulo is also completely Vegan and is made in Canada using authentic Philippine recipes and ingredients.
“Pulo celebrates our country’s rich food history and deep social connections created when sharing a meal - a celebration that’s at the heart of Philippine life”, says Vincent Uy, President and co-founder of Pulo Cuisine.
“With the Pulo line of sauces and marinades now available in major retailers and independent grocery stores across the country, we are excited by the idea of Canadian consumers getting to experience the robust flavours and aromas of Philippine cuisine,” adds Uy.
Pulo is Looking for Canadian Food Bloggers!
Pulo is inviting food bloggers to take part in the Pulo Recipe Challenge and create recipes using their sauces and marinades.
Experiment with their entire line (2 sauces and 3 marinades) to create your very own Filipino-inspired meal! Create a recipe, take a photo, publish it to your blog AND have a chance to become one of a handful of Pulo Brand Ambassadors in an on-going paid ambassador program.
How to participate in the Pulo Recipe Challenge
- Cook with Pulo.
- Create an original recipe using one Pulo sauce or marinade.
- Take a photo of the finished dish.
- Publish the recipe and photo to your blog.