Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here's what caught our eye this week:
Tasty Links from FBC Members
Somewhere between cookies and cake, bakers love making bars because they're less work than shaping individual cookies and more forgiving than cake. And eaters love them not only because they're tasty, but easily portable too. We've compiled a selection of six recipes that showcase the creativity of FBC Members across Canada and the versatility of the bar (and it doesn't even include that quintessential Canadian treat, the Nanaimo Bar). Check them out this weekend!
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Tru at Eat, Live & Play
- Rice Crispy Caramilk Bars from Lyndsay at Officially Gluten Free
- Compost Crunch Bar from Carole at The Yum Yum Factor
- Raw Mango Energy Bars from Janet at The Taste Space
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars from Nicole at Culinary Cool
- Millionaire Bars from Christine at Within the Kitchen
Other Useful Blogging Links We Love
Here are a few links to articles, books, podcasts and resources that we think are great whether you're a hobby blogger or a blogging entrepreneur.
- 6 Tips to Clean Up Your Twitter Account - if your Twitter account feels out of control, it just might be time for a little Twitter housekeeping. Social Media Examiner shares some helpful tips.
- How to Live Your Most Creative Life - in this video interview with Marie Forleo, Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear, shares what to say and do when fear stops us from taking creative risks.
- Using Your Most Popular Content to Build An Editorial Calendar - the SITS Girls show you five steps to building an editorial calendar based on your most popular content.
Instagrammers We Love
FBC Members love Instagram and every week we love to feature a couple of these gorgeous feeds. Here's who we're loving this week!
- FromJamesToJamie - in this bright and tempting Instagram feed James chronicles his personal culinary challenge: attempting to blog his way through over 100 new recipes in 2015 (next up is #85!)
- ALittleVanillaBlog - it's always fun to discover a new blog and Instagram account! Check out the colourful vegan food that Melanie from A Little Vanilla shares here.
The New FBC Food Lovers Newsletter
If you love our weekend links then you might just want to subscribe to The FBC Food Lovers Newsletter. Twice a month we'll be featuring great posts from FBC members, some of our favourite food instagram accounts, foodie giveaways, great recipe finds on pinterest, some of the food highlights on FBC over the last few weeks, as well as occasional delicious offers from some of our partners.
You don't have to be an FBC Member to join - you just have to love food! All you have to do is click here to subscribe!