Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here's what caught our eye this week:
Tasty Links from FBC Members
It's Halloween! That means lots of parties with lots of food. Canadian food bloggers are all over this opportunity to showcase their ability to entertain with stylish and fun food for any occasion. Representing the ghoulish, creepy and, yes, even elegant faces of Halloween, these six recipes will be sure to please trick or treaters both little and big.
- Worms and Dirt Pudding Cups from Leah at Love Me, Feed Me
- Creepy Whole Wheat Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies from Heidi at Food Doodles
- Halloween Meringue Bones and Ghoulish Lime Curd Dip from Gwen at Devour & Conquer
- Medjool Date Caramel Apples from Samantha at It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken
- Vegan Red Velvet Panna Cotta from Sahar at The Quirky Princess
- Spiderweb Cake by Olivia at Liv for Cake
Other Useful Blogging Links We Love
Here are a few links to articles, books, podcasts and resources that we think are great whether you're a hobby blogger or a blogging entrepreneur.
- Working for 'Exposure' - this article by Wil Wheaton called "you can't pay your rent with 'the unique platform and reach our site provides'" attracted a lot of attention and feedback among bloggers this week.
- The Seriously Fun Way to Boost Your Blog - just in time for Halloween and the upcoming holiday party season, Blog Society shows us how to pull together an entertainment photoshoot that will give your blog a boost.
- Niche Food Blogger Attracts 1 Million+ Fans on Facebook - Halal food expert Yvonne Maffei, who has over 1.1 million fans on Facebook, talks about finding and serving a niche audience in this interview at Will Write for Food.
Instagrammers We Love
FBC Members love Instagram and every week we love to feature a couple of these gorgeous feeds. Here's who we're loving this week!
- TheFinerCookie - if you're looking for a finer cookie -- one that's not too sweet, unusually delicious and very beautiful -- then check out Kimberlie's IG feed
- WheatFreeMom - Carrie shares her love of gluten-free cooking, baking and entertaining through colourful and bright images of food your friends and family will love
The New FBC Food Lovers Newsletter
If you love our weekend links then you might just want to subscribe to The FBC Food Lovers Newsletter. Twice a month we'll be featuring great posts from FBC members, some of our favourite food instagram accounts, foodie giveaways, great recipe finds on pinterest, some of the food highlights on FBC over the last few weeks, as well as occasional delicious offers from some of our partners.
You don't have to be an FBC Member to join - you just have to love food! All you have to do is click here to subscribe!