Tomorrow is the big day - FBC2014 tickets go on sale at 10am Pacific Time/1pm Eastern Time. And so we are very happy to be able to announce our Keynote Speaker for the conference this October!
We are thrilled to welcome bestselling author, award-winning journalist, blogger, television personality, world traveler and storyteller, Robin Esrock.
When we chose Robin as our keynote, we wanted to do something out of the box from most food blogging conferences. We want all our attendees to walk away from Vancouver feeling like they own their futures and their blogs - that's right: JUST OWN IT!
And so, we wanted a voice who understood that the power of story is universal, that it is more than just food and that we all have a story to tell.
We wanted somebody who was not afraid to buck the status quo, who understood the importance of the written word and the power of imagery, who would challenge us all to follow our own paths and own our futures.
And we wanted somebody who understood not only the challenges of being a blogger but also the rewards - because they've lived it. We could not have found a more perfect person than Robin. We know his energy, his enthusiasm and his passion will inspire you all. Take a look:
You can read Robin's full bio on our Speakers page but here are some highlights:
- He is the author of the bestselling The Great Canadian Bucket List – a personal journey to discover the best experiences his adopted home of Canada has to offer (and currently a #1 bestseller on Amazon.ca)
- He is the creator and host of the 40-part series Word Travels, seen weekly on CityTV and OLN in Canada.
- He created the award-winning adventure-culinary show Get Stuffed.
- Robin has been a travel columnist for The Globe & Mail, MSN, Bell, Outpost, and the Vancouver Sun, and his stories have been published in over a dozen major publications worldwide, including National Geographic Traveler, The Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, South China Morning Post, Sydney Morning Herald and Dallas Morning News.
- While he was born and raised in South Africa and now calls Vancouver home, he has traveled to over 100 countries
- he spoke at the world’s largest ever TEDx event in 2012 in Vancouver
- As Master of Ceremonies for the prestigious Explorer’s Club Annual Dinner in New York, he shared the stage with the likes of Buzz Aldrin and Ken Burns
New FBC2014 Sponsors
We also could not be happier to be announce two more sponsors who will be joining us in Vancouver in October. You'll be getting to know them both much better over the coming months but here's a quick introduction:
Silver Sponsor - Burnbrae Farms
Burnbrae Farms is a new sponsor this year and we're very excited to have them on board. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and Burnbrae will be making sure we all get off to a cracking good start!
Bronze Sponsor - Crosby's Molasses
They were with us in 2013 and we are very happy to welcome back the folks at Crosby's Molasses this year. We already have some fun things coming soon with Crosby's that all our members can participate in even if they can't make it to the conference so stay tuned!
You can meet all of our sponsors on our Sponsor page - we'll be announcing more over the coming weeks!