Two words. Oh my. Actually, four words. Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread. That's what we uttered when REESE approached us with an opportunity for FBC members to work with them and the new REESE spreads! Now the question that remains is, how #DoYouSpoon? So we're putting that very question out to Canadians across the country. If REESE, chocolate and peanut butter sounds familiar, it's because it is. They've taken their Peanut Butter Cups and turned it into a spread which means it can go on anything and in anything. Perfect for snacking on fruit or maybe just a spoon or integrated into baking, the choice is yours! Check out their FB page for their #DoYouSpoon video! As much as we've enjoyed tasting the spread with a spoon, we know it has so much more potential. And that's why we're coming to Canada's most creative and talented food bloggers! REESE has started the
ball jar rolling with this Peanut Butter S'mores Pie but the possibilities are endless! And the best part, you can sneak yourself a spoonful for "testing" purposes when baking in the kitchen. This is a paid FBC member opportunity, so click here for all the details and information.
- 1⅓ cups (325 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) melted butter
- 30 regular-size marshmallows
- 2 cups (500 mL) Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chipits
- ¾ cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) REESE’S Spreads Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar; pour butter over top and stir to moisten. Press into 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden and firm; let cool completely.
- Filling: Place Chipits in heatproof bowl. In saucepan, heat cream until steaming and small bubbles form around inside edge of pan. Pour over chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Mix until smooth.
- Stir peanut butter chocolate spread into chocolate mixture; mix until smooth. Scrape into crust, smoothing top. Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes or until just slightly firm.
- Arrange marshmallows in concentric circles over top. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until filling is firm (or make ahead and refrigerate overnight).
- Broil for 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden.
- Tip: To save time, use a prepared graham cracker wafer crust.