This year there was a bumper crop of Canadian cookbooks published - and twenty of them were by Food Bloggers of Canada members. Twenty! That's the most we've ever had in a year (and it's soon to be 21 with Joy McCarthy's new book coming out after Christmas). So when we put together our annual Cookbook Gift Guide, there was no shortage of homegrown talent to showcase. From FBC Members to well loved Canadian chefs, restaurants and food writers - there is something for everyone on your list - including you. And the best part of all is, you're supporting Canadian authors! Happy shopping and gifting! (PS... there's details on how you can enter to win more cookbooks at the bottom of the article!)
**This post contains affiliate links. In plain English that means that when you click on the link and make a purchase, we receive a small commission. It does not alter the price you pay but it helps us run this site and support the work that Canadian food bloggers do. **
FBC Member General and Specialty Cookbooks
Whether it's preserving food, celebrating a beloved fiction series or the long anticipated follow up to one of the best selling Canadian cookbooks in recent years, our members delivered an astounding array of books!
- Rock Recipes Christmas - Barry Parsons
- Real. Good. Food - Eyecandypopper
- Outlander Kitchen - Theresa Carle-Sanders (see our interview with Theresa!)
- The Asian Slow Cooker - Kelly Kwok
- Lick Your Plate - Julie Albert & Lisa Gnat (see our review here)
- Nourish - Nettie Cornish and Cara Rosenbloom (see our review here)
- The Beeswax Workshop - Chris Dalziel
- Candida Free Cookbook and Action Plan - Sondi Bruner (read Sondi's allergy friendly guides to food)
- Batch - Joel MacCharles & Dana Harrison (see our review here)
- Oh She Glows Every Day - Angela Liddon (see our review here)
For the Sweet Lovers
Let's not forget the sweets - from beloved old fashioned desserts your grandmother probably made, to decadent layered cakes and classic Italian cookies - and wash it all down with a delightful cup of tea!
- Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky - Karlynn Johnston
- Layered - Tessa Huff (see our review here or you can check out some of Tessa's articles on the site)
- A Collection of Classic Italian Cookie Recipes - Nonna's Way
- Tea-spiration - Lu Ann Pannunzio
Two Times the Recipes
These lovely ladies were extremely busy this year, each publishing not one but two cookbooks!
- Whole Bowls - Allison Day (see our review)
- Out of the Orchard - Julie Van Rosendaal
- Miel - Isabelle Lambert
- Purely Pumpkin - Allison Day (see Allison's guest article with her guide to Heirloom Pumpkins)
- Best of Bridge The Family Slow Cooker - Julie Van Rosendaal, Elizabeth Chorney Booth and Sue Duncan
- Lemon - Isabelle Lambert
More Great Canadian Cookbooks
FBC Members weren't the only ones busy publishing books this year in Canada. There were so many other great titles this year and if there's a theme, it's location, location, location!
West Coast Flair
Vancouver's restaurant scene was heavily featured in Canadian cookbooks this year with some of its most celebrated restaurants and long standing chains publishing recipe books - who needs takeout when you can make your favourites at home!
- Vij's Indian - Meeru Dhalwala & Vikram Vij
- Earl's The Cookbook - Jim Sutherland
- CinCin: Wood Fired Cucina - Andrew Richardson
- Araxi: Roots to Shoots - James Walt, Andrew Morrison
Eating and Drinking Across the Country
Continuing on with the Canada cooks series, two new city volumes came out this year as well as recipes from a treasured Toronto bakery and a guide to Ontario's Craft Beer (also co-written by an FBC member!)
- Edmonton Cooks - Leanne Brown
- Ottawa Cooks - Anne DesBrisay
- Bobbette & Belle - Allyson Bobbitt and Sarah Bell
- The Ontario Craft Beer Guide - Robin LeBlanc and Jordan St. John (read our article on the Ontario Craft Beer Guide here)
Two of Canada's most loved chefs have new books out this year and you can't go wrong with Michael Smith or Anna Olson in your kitchen
Some International Flair
Two beautiful books by Canadians that celebrate other cultures!
- Taste of Persia - Naomi Duguid
- Hot Thai Kitchen - Pailin Chongchitnant (read our interview with Pailin here)
There's something for everyone on this list who loves to spend time in their kitchen! And, we're also giving away two cookbook packages that will help you with some of your holiday gifting (or they can just be a present to yourself!) Each package contains:
- 1 copy of UnDiet Cookbook by FBC Member Meghan Telpner
- 1 copy of Butter Baked Goods by Rosie Daykin
- 1 copy of Thug Kitchen by Thug Kitchen (read our review)
The package is valued at $90 CDN. Contest is open to Canadian residents only (yes, even Quebec!). You must be 19 years or older to enter and winners will be required to answer a skill testing question. Contest ends on December 18, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway