More FBC2014 Sponsors & Speakers Coming This Week
We're very excited to be announcing three new FBC2014 sponsors next week as well as another pre-conference swag announcement (and it's going to be a fun one!). And remember you must have an FBC2014 ticket before you can be eligible for pre-conference swag (our first pre-con swag - a Chef's Knife from Chicago Culinary - will be on its way soon to ticket holders!)
We'll also be making our final speaker announcement next week that we absolutely know every Canadian food blogger will be pumped to hear!
Tune in during the week to catch both announcements.
New FBC Members Only Opportunities
We have three excellent national FBC Members Only Opportunities coming your way this week for three very different brands. You will need your FBC Member log-in to access any or all of them. These include paid writing opportunities and a chance to apply for a brand ambassadorship. We'll be making announcements on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Home Ec Big Outdoor Kitchen Party - by Well Preserved
Dana and Joel over at Well Preserved are back with another "Home Ec" event - this time it's the Home Ec Big Outdoor Kitchen Party on September 14th at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto. It looks like a fabulous event to attend but they're also looking for participants, speakers and sponsors!
You can read all the details on the event and how you can get involved below but... we also have it on very good authority that there is going to be a very special guest attending - it will be their first trip to Toronto. Think Food In Jars! And we've also heard that they're working on something special for the blogging community and it will be announced very soon!
Curated by WellPreserved.ca, this one-day event celebrates the small kitchens, independent producers and local food heroes that add to the vibrance of Toronto’s food culture. Meet some of the cities finest picklers, beekeepers, hot sauce makers, fermenters and chefs in our pop-up local grocery store. Each producer will have a unique demonstration to teach you about their craft. Have a bite on your way to visit our demo area to learn the basics of preserving food, learn simple meal ideas, cooking techniques and more. No kitchen party is complete without music so our day will culminate with live music to celebrate the harvest!
- Potential participants. Artisan food producers, community organizations with a focus on food, cookbook authors, speakers and more. The ideal participant will have a demo, tasting, display or something interactive to share with guests. They’ve had beer brewers offer hops for people to smell, hot sauce makers offering a taste of hot sauce and fermenters offer a sample of their pickles in the past. You can find out the benefits of being a vendor here and apply over here.
- Potential Speakers. There's going to be a small side stage with authors, acoustic bands and others. There will be short slots available for speakers and room for small demos (there isn’t a kitchen setup). If you have an idea for a topic and would like to speak, email Joel (joel (a) wellpreserved.ca with your idea, name, website, informal description of your speech and the amount of time you’d need. It is important to our audience that our speeches do not sound like sales pitches though you are welcome to mention your blog or product of course. If you’re an author they are working with a few people to arrange the sales of books and will know the details/ logistics/ possibilities shortly.
- Potential Sponsors. Are you a larger organization who would like to participate with community and be involved with innovative, agile and amazing smaller brands? There is a full sponsor package to share; send Joel an email (joel (a) wellpreserved.ca) and he’ll share it with you.
Food Day Canada
Food Day Canada is happening this Saturday, August 2nd with lots of events happening from coast to coast in celebration. Be sure to check out the site for something happening near you or to see how you can get involved. FBC2014 sponsor, Manitoba Canola Growers is a sponsor of the event and have their own challenge happening - you can read more about it here. And FBC Member Dan Clapson has shared some tips on how to create a Canadian dinner party as well!
We’re very happy to welcome a whole new batch of Canadian food bloggers to the FBC family this week – welcome aboard everyone!
- Foodie In YVR (BC)
- Cake on the Brain (BC)
- For Two, Please (AB)
- The Humble Plate (MB)
- Bake, Eat, Repeat (AB)
- Keep It Simple, Sandra (ON)
- One Prickly Pear (BC)
- Try Small Things (ON)
- The Spoonful of Honey (ON)
- The Toronto Cafe Blog (ON)
And remember, if you have anything you’d like to share with your fellow members in the news, please let us know about it. To have your submission appear in a Monday news post, the deadline is Friday at 5pm Pacific time. You can send your 3-4 sentence submissions directly to Melissa and include any relevant links.