It's a quiet news week with it being an extra long weekend but we've still got a few things to pique your interest!
Get Your Golden Ticket to FBC2014
FBC2014 Early Bird tickets are available until April 3oth so there's still time to save some money and join in all the fun this October. And remember, everyone who purchases a ticket before end of day April 30th is eligible to win The Golden Ticket. That's right, one lucky ticket holder will win back their registration fee! So if you're planning to come, now is the time!
MasterChef Canada Giveaway
You'll want to tune in to CTV tonight (8pm et/7pm ct) to catch the second to last episode of MasterChef Canada Season 1 - and the finale next Monday. Stop by the site tomorrow when we have a guest post from Celebrity Chef Judge, Michael Bonacini and a special Members Only giveaway from Masterchef Canada.
The Week Ahead
We have lots coming your way this week - including a brand new column, Canada's Craft Beer that David Ort, author of the Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook, will be kicking off!
- Tuesday: Michael Bonacini joins us as a guest poster from MasterChef Canada
- Tuesday: Members Only Opp from MasterChef Canada
- Wednesday: Tips for Creating an Edible Small Space Garden
- Wednesday: Tips from Turkey Farmer's of Canada
- Thursday: Canada's Craft Beer with David Ort
- Thursday: Pin It Thursday
- Friday: Meet this week's Featured Member Blog
And, next week we will be bringing you the mother of all Mother's Day Gift Guides - with some pretty great prizes up for grabs, not to mention great gift ideas for the food loving mom in your life.
The FBC Facebook Forum Group
If you haven't already joined, be sure to request an invite to our FBC Facebook Forum Group (only open to bloggers, not brands). We've had some great discussions this week including:
- How to promote your blog outside of just social media
- Should you charge a fee for product reviews?
- Beta testing a recipe index plug-in for WordPress users
- Useful information on compensation rates for producing content
Welcome to all of our new members this week. Be sure to join our Facebook Forum Group, just for our blog members - lots of discussions and help are just a click away.
- Have Apron Will Bake (ON)
- The Clean Eating Lifestyle (MB)
- The Gluten Free Diet (QC)
- live. love. obsess. (ON)
- Rebusaurus Eats (BC)
New Business Members
And remember, if you have anything you’d like to share with your fellow members in the news, please let us know about it. To have your submission appear in a Monday news post, the deadline is Friday at 5pm Pacific time. You can send your 3-4 sentence submissions directly to Melissa and include any relevant links.
Melissa and Ethan