Father's Day is just round the corner and it's time to think about our Dads! We've scoured the globe (well, ok, the internet!) for great gift ideas for dad this year to make it easier for you to find just the right gift for your food loving Pop. And, to make it easier, we've got a couple of great prizes up for grabs that any dad would love!
We've got some great books that are sure to appeal to dad:
1. My Paris Kitchen A collection of stories and 100 sweet and savory French-inspired recipes from popular food blogger David Lebovitz, reflecting the way modern Parisians eat today and featuring lush photography taken around Paris and in David’s Parisian kitchen.
2. Get Jiro! In a not-too-distant future L.A. where master chefs rule the town like crime lords and people literally kill for a seat at the best restaurants, a bloody culinary war is raging. Anthony Bourdain, top chef, acclaimed writer (Kitchen Confidential, Medium Raw) and star of the hit travel show, No Reservations, co-writes with Joel Rose (Kill Kill Faster Faster, The Blackest Bird) this stylized send-up of food culture and society, with detailed and dynamic art by Langdon Foss.
3. The Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook FBC's Eastern Craft Beer contributor, David Ort, author of the popular blog Food with Legs, gives us a lively and engaging introduction to craft beer as well as an across-the-board set of recipes that use craft beer as an ingredient. Starters and snacks, noodles and rice, seafood and meat and poultry, even beer cocktails and sweets and desserts make an appearance
4. Craft Beer Revolution authored by FBC's Western Craft Beer contributor Joe Wiebe, Craft Beer Revolution was the winner of the Gourmand Award for Best Beer Book in Canada. Craft Beer Revolution is a thirst-quenching guide to British Columbia's craft brewers and their beers from the province's favourite beer writer. With profiles of each of the province's craft breweries, as well as maps, tasting tours, and an insider's look at the people behind the kegs and casks, Craft Beer Revolution is the definitive guide to British Columbia’s booming craft beer scene.
5. The Art of Living According to Joe Beef In The Art of Living According to Joe Beef, co-owners/chefs Frédéric Morin and David McMillan, along with writer and former Joe Beef staff member Meredith Erickson, present 135 unforgettable recipes showcasing Joe Beef’s unconventional approach to French market cuisine. Advocating the use of ingredients from local or family-owned producers whenever possible, this collection of hearty dishes delivers.
6. Haute Dogs Russell Van Kraavenburg's Haute Dogs gives the classic cookout staple a fresh and tasty twist, with recipes inspired by everything from south-of-the-border BBQ to Japanese fusion to modern food-cart cuisine. Handcraft your own top-notch dogs, buns, and condiments with step-by-step from-scratch instructions, and brush up on your hot dog history with an in-depth look at tasty traditions from the U.S. and beyond. Just in time for summer, this indispensable guide will make your grilling extraordinary.
1. Napoleon Grill Pro 665 Dad will love grilling on this completely decked out grill from Napoleon. With 8 burners and 98,000 BTUs it can grill 42 hamburgers at once! It's a full service kitchen for your patio!
2. Cuisinart Deluxe Grilling Set a durable stainless steel set of grilling tools in an attractive case will make time on the bbq easy with a tool for every job!
3. Weber's Way to Grill Everything you could possibly need to know about grilling in this comprehensive book that even the experienced pro will find useful!
4. Philips Air Fryer The Philips Airfryer is a counter-top appliance that provides a more healthful way to fry, bake, roast and caramelize your favourite foods. Using Rapid Air Technology for the perfect result, your food will contain less fat than traditional cooking methods without sacrificing taste. (enter to win a Philips Air Fryer Gift pack (value $350) at the bottom of this post!)
5. Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker There is no need to wait on pizza delivery with the Crispy Crust by Breville. Whether it’s with mushrooms and peppers or prosciutto and fresh mozzarella, you can now make your own gourmet personal pizza with Breville’s Crispy Crust. The stainless steel unit is perfect for making a quick meal ‐ whether you’re in a rush or in need of something quick to satisfy your hunger, Breville’s Crispy Crust allows you to bake fresh or pre‐purchased pizza in as little as 7 minutes! (enter to win a Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker at the bottom of this post)
6. Pizza on the Grill Updated to include 10 gluten-free recipes, as well as homemade gluten-free pizza dough, this expanded edition of the best-selling Pizza on the Grill has a total of 60 delicious, creative recipes for grilled pizza, along with nibbles and salads to make an entire meal.
1. Spinning Plates on DVD Spinning Plates is a documentary about three extraordinary restaurants and the incredible people who make them what they are. Their unforgettable stories of family, legacy, passion and survival come together to reveal the power food has to connect us to one another.
2. Jiro Dreams of Sushi on DVD Jiro Dreams of Sushi is the story of 85-year-old Jiro Ono, considered by many to be the world's greatest sushi chef. He is the proprietor of Sukiyabashi Jiro, a 10-seat, sushi-only restaurant inauspiciously located in a Tokyo subway station. Despite its humble appearances, it is the first restaurant of its kind to be awarded a prestigious three-star Michelin Guide rating, and sushi lovers from around the globe make repeated pilgrimage, calling months in advance and shelling out top dollar for a coveted seat at Jiro's sushi bar. Jiro Dreams of Sushi is a thoughtful and elegant meditation on work, family, and the art of perfection, chronicling Jiro's life as both an unparalleled success in the culinary world and as a loving yet complicated father.
3. Libby Craft Brews Beer Flight Glass Set have your own beer tasting with this Craft Brews beer flight set - excellent for sampling small quantities of a variety of different brews.
4. Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker Set Dad can channel his inner James Bond or Don Draper with the sleek lines, soft curves and brushed stainless steel shaker set. Mix martinis with ease. Concoct cosmopolitans on a whim. This stainless steel bar set makes creating your own cocktails a breeze. Set includes: cocktail shaker, stirrer, strainer, double jigger, and ice tongs.
5. Coleman 5 qt Flip Lid Cooler Holding a six pack, Dad can have his favourite beverage close at hand while grilling, camping, or golfing. The lid flips over to create your own serving tray!
6. Death Wish Coffee With the claim that it's the world's strongest coffee available in a 1 Lb bag this will get Dad moving in the morning! These beans have been carefully selected and roasted to perfection in order to bring you a bold yet smooth cup of coffee with an extra kick of caffeine that is sure to get your day going!
Enter to Win One of Two Great Father's Day Prizes!
We are excited to be able to offer up 2 great prizes as part of our Father’s Day Gift Guide giveaway. You must be a resident of Canada to participate. There are 2 individual prizes up for grabs:
A Philips Air Fryer Gift Pack ($350 value) that includes:
- A Philips Air Fryer
- A Philips Baking Accessory for baking in the Airfryer
- “The Body Book,” Cameron Diaz’s new book on being healthy and happy
- Measuring Spoons, an essential tool for high quality cooking
- Nesting storage bowls for food prep, storage and healthy on-the-go lunches
- A crisp apron, the ultimate chef’s accessory
A Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker ($200 value)
Both would make a great addition to any kitchen!