If you need books for cooks this year, we've put together a list of our favourite Canadian Cookbooks for the season in our annual Canadian cookbook gift guide.
Editor's Note: This article contains affiliate links — full disclosure is at the end of the article.
Tis the season where we're all making lists and checking them twice. If you've got a budding cook on your list, a born entertainer, a home chef looking for a new challenge or somebody exploring a new way of eating, we've got a Canadian cookbook for all of them.
Celebrate the bounty that goes from coast to coast to coast in this country with some of our most talented chefs, food writers, food bloggers and personalities this season. We've got brand new releases and some old favourites that are still topping bestseller lists years after being released. Enjoy!
FBC Member New Releases
Canadian food bloggers have been busy again this year. These 6 new releases from across the country made their debut this fall. There's something for everyone on your list in this collection from vegan (and non vegan) comfort food to rustic French cooking, meal prepping, 3 ingredient baking and superfood smoothies!
- The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep by Erin Romeo
- The 3 Ingredient Baking Book by Charmian Christie
- Rustic French Cooking Made Easy by Audrey Le Goff
- Simple Superfood Smoothies by Sondi Bruner
- Vegan Comfort Cooking by Melanie McDonald
- Best of Bridge Comfort Food by Emily Richards and Sylvia Kong
Be sure to check out Erin Romeo's guest article for us that included her 4 Day Gluten-Free Meal Plan. And of course, Sondi Bruner has been a long time contributor to FBC with her Allergen-Friendly Remixes & Guides and her Blogger Health series!
More New Canadian Cookbooks They'll Love!
We are in love with this season's new Canadian cookbook releases. Celebrate the beautiful bounty that stretches from coast to coast:
- The Buddhist Chef - 100 Simple, Feel-Good Vegan Recipes by Jean-Philippe Cyr
- Burdock & Co - Poetic Recipes Inspired by Ocean, Land & Air by Andrea Carlson with Clea McDougall
- tawâw - Progressive Indigenous Cuisine by Shane M. Chartrand and Jennifer Cockrall-King
- Rocky Mountain Cooking - Recipes to Bring Canada's Backcountry Home by Katie Mitzel
Some of your favourite Canadian personalities brought new books to the shelves this season bringing people into their homes and celebrating their love of cooking for family and friends. Food is the great connector!
- Duchess At Home - Sweet & Savoury Recipes From My Home To Yours by Giselle Courteau
- Kitchen Party - Effortless Recipes for Every Occasion by Mary Berg
- Antoni in the Kitchen by Antoni Porowski
- Fraiche Food Full Hearts - A Collection of Recipes for Every Day and Casual Celebration by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer.
Canadian Cookbooks For Entertaining
Tis the season for entertaining and these Canadian cookbooks make wonderful host gifts for your favourite party throwers. Or, if you love to be the host with the most, pick one up as a treat for yourself! This recent releases are all perfect for the entertainer:
- French Appetizers by Marie Asselin and Catherine Côte (you can read our review of French Appetizers here)
- On Boards by Lisa Dawn Bolton (Lisa writes the On Board in 20 Minutes section of our website and you can see our review of the On Boards here)
- The Prairie Table by Karlynn Johnston
- Let Me Feed You by Rosie Daykin
Still On The Bestseller List
These titles by FBC Members are well on their way to becoming classics. All of them have been out for at least 2 years and are still in the Amazon's Top 50 Cookbooks chart! They're sure to be a hit!
- Yum & Yummer by Greta Podleski
- The Keto Diet by Leanne Vogel
- Fuss-Free Vegan by Sam Turnbull (you can read our review of Fuss-Free Vegan here)
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon which has spent FIVE years on the best seller list! (and don't forget the sequel, Oh She Glows Every Day which is also still on the best seller list - you can read our review of it here.)
That's a wrap (haha) of our Holiday Canadian Cookbook Guide - there's something for everyone on your list. Give them (or you) a little piece of Canadiana for the holidays!
This site is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the site to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
For more holiday book ideas check out our entire Cookbook Corner section for cookbook collections and reviews.