This post is brought to you by Litehouse Foods.
We are coming out of winter hibernation and it won't be long before farmer's markets will be opening up across the country and we'll be seeing the early results of our own gardens coming to life (I already have green onions and cilantro happening on my deck!).
All that delicious fresh produce will be a great canvas to make some delicious salads, veggie sides and mains. So why not "dress them up" with some great tasting dressing and herbs?
We've teamed up with Litehouse Foods to giveaway a full set of Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herbs and 12 bottles of Litehouse dressings of your choice. Everything from the new OPA Pourables to the Green Garden Organics line of dressings! You'll have lots of choices to try.
If you're looking for some recipe inspiration we've got it! These mouthwatering ideas from FBC Members are a great place to start:
- Savoury Panna Cotta With Lime Cumin Shrimp
- Crispy Curry Tofu with Mini Peppers in Sweet Onion Sauce
- Pomegranate Hibiscus Salmon Salad
- Cold Kalamata Feta Moussaka with OPA Dressings
And for even more inspiration try this spring favourite of Strawberry Avocado Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- Handful of arugula
- 1 tablespoon OPA by Litehouse™ Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing
- 3 strawberries sliced
- Poppyseeds (optional)
- Toast both slices of bread until they are crisp.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Using a fork, scrape the avocado from the skin and mash slightly within the skin. Spread ½ of the avocado on each slice of toast.
- Toss together the arugula and dressing. Divide the arugula between the two slices of toast and top with the strawberry slices and additional poppyseeds if desired. Serve immediately.
You Can Win With Litehouse
Litehouse is giving away a full set of Instantly Fresh Herbs and 12 Litehouse dressings to one lucky FBC reader!
Enter by commenting below and telling us your favourite salad add-ins. You can gain additional entries with social shares! You have until April 15th to enter
Contest is open to Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), winner will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours of email notification. The winner will be required to answer a skill-testing answer. The prize consists of a full set of Instantly Fresh Herbs that will be shipped directly to the winner along with 12 coupons, each redeemable for a free, full-sized Liteshouse Salad Dressing. Retail value: $175CDN