May's Recipe Roundup features that fleeting spring treasure, rhubarb. Here's what we're looking for this month:
- blog post must have a rhubarb recipe - using fresh or frozen rhubarb
- it doesn't have to be new - feel free to recycle an older recipe - we haven't done a rhubarb roundup before
- Try to think outside the box - as much as we try to use everyone's recipes, I can't post 15 rhubarb crisp/crumble recipes. So unless you've got a really great, unique twist on the crumble, try for something different
We want your very best recipes and photos that fit the theme - please ensure the recipe you choose fits the above criteria.
If you've never submitted to one of our recipe roundups before, here’s a few to check out: Apple Recipes, Pumpkin Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Christmas, Grey Cup…. Read the submission guidelines below and send us your best recipe link!
The Rhubarb Recipe Roundup will run the week of May 3rd and depending on how many submissions we get, it may run over a few days. Hopefully that date will still be in season for west coasters but not too early for east coasters!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – GUIDELINES
We’re putting the call out for submissions. While we normally feature every recipe submitted, due to the sheer volume the last few recipe roundups have generated we will be tightening up our submissions guidelines.
If you follow our submissions requirements, we will include you.
Here are the guidelines:
- The post can be old or brand new
- Posts should be contain rhubarb recipe and must be from your personal blog.
- You may submit one post – please, do not send multiples and ask us to decide!
- You must be an FBC Member to participate (not a member? see if you can join)
- Send a link to your post, your first and last name (we will only publish your first name), your blog name and ONE image 640px wide, to Melissa by 5pm PT, April 19th, 2015 with the subject line: Rhubarb Submission.
- The number one reason posts are not included in our roundups is because the photo is the wrong size. It MUST be 640px wide. We hate having to exclude anyone especially when it's a great submission but if your image is larger or smaller than 640px wide (no limit on height) we won't be able to include you.
- Try to send your best photo from the post - good photos encourage click throughs to your blog and we will pin the image you submit to our appropriate pinterest boards.
- Roundups will be published the week of May 3, 2015.
- Please note, due to the volume of submissions we receive, submissions that do not fit the above criteria will not be considered so please ensure your image is the correct size.
We’re looking forward to seeing what you all submit!