Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here's what caught our eye this week:
Tasty Links from FBC Members
This week in our tasty links, we're taking a little culinary tour of Canada - some are well known, others are lesser know gems!
- The Canmore Uncorked Food and Drink Festival - Heather from Heather's Eats checks out a sneak peek of this year's festival - and yes... Canmore is a hidden gem in Canada's culinary scene!
- Brunch at the Sugar Shack - Marie from Food Nouveau takes us on a nostalgic look at the classic Quebec sugar shack while exploring where this tradition is going now
- A Taste of France - NLC Event - we were pretty excited when Jessica from Bring The Bread joined FBC a few weeks ago because she is our first restaurant review blog from Newfoundland! (we do have quite a few recipe bloggers from NL - but not restaurants!). This week she invites you all to experience a taste of France with an NLC wine tasting event happening this May in St. Johns, including some tips on how to experience a wine tasting!
- Vancouver's Chinese Restaurant Awards - Food Blogger's Choice - Joyce from VanFoodies talks about her experience judging this year's Chinese Restaurant Awards in Vancouver, including the winners and the highlights of her experience - this is no small undertaking in Vancouver where there is a plethora of outstanding Chinese Restaurants to choose from!
Other Useful Blogging Links
Here are some posts we've found around the web this week that might help you with your blogging.
- Food Art: Behind the Scenes of a Photo Shoot - World Kitchen shares a day behind the scenes of a photoshoot with Corningware, including sharing what happens to the leftover food and the astounding size of the grocery bill!
- A Guide To Crafting A Beautiful Instagram Feed - a few things in this article may seem a bit extreme but, if you are trying to build an instagram following for your blog's brand rather than for your own amusement, there are some great tips here from Craftsposure.
- Recipe Attribution: an always touchy subject amongst cookbook authors and bloggers but this article from David Lebovitz helps shed some light and clarify things!
Instagram Accounts We're Watching
Some of the tastiest Instagram across the country that we think are worth a follow. If you're an FBC Member and you'd like to have your feed features, make sure you tag your food photos with #FBCigers.
- OrganicExpert: we love this feed from Anita at The Organic Experiment which features all organic meals!
- MomWhoNeedsWine: if you're at all interested in Calgary's burgeoning food scene then you need to be following Wanda from Bakers Beans as she eats here way through YYC!
The New FBC Food Lovers Newsletter
If you love our weekend links then you might just want to subscribe to our new newsletter: The FBC Food Lovers Newsletter. Twice a month we'll be featuring great posts from FBC members, some of our favourite food instagram accounts, great recipe finds on pinterest, some of the food highlights on FBC over the last few weeks, as well as occasional delicious offers from some of our partners.
You don't have to be an FBC Member to join - you just have to love food! All you have to do is click here to subscribe!