Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here's what caught our eye this week:
Tasty Links from FBC Members
Yesterday was International Macaron Day and we have a few FBC Members who are macaron experts. So today we thought we'd share some of their resources, recipes and great places to purchase macarons.
- Macarons from Eat. Live. Travel. Write. - Mardi may be the macaron queen of Canada! She's been researching, experimenting and documenting macaron techniques as long as we've know her and we think she's got it down pat - her blog is a wealth of information and tips and a solid recipe.
- Macaron Basics and Macaron Recipes - Lillian at Beyond Umami has been charting her macaron cooking methods as well and she's got great info and recipes on her blog - you can even purchase from her if you live in the Edmonton area!
- Macaroon vs Macaron - Janice from Kitchen Heals Soul explains the difference between macarons and macaroons for all of us who can't keep them straight!
Other Useful Blogging Links
Tips to help you improve your blogging skills from around the web this week. This week we've only got one but it's a big one that we think will keep you busy all week!
- 25 Things All Super Successful Bloggers Have in Common - we loved this list from She Owns It. Mostly because we've found it to be true with all the successful bloggers we've met!
- 5 Lessons I've Learned From Blog Coaching - another great post from Sark E-Media but we especially love the tips on headline optimization plug-ins
- Critics Notebook: Plagiarism a Common Ingredient in the Wide World of Recipes - this article from the Montreal Gazette sparked a very lively discussion on just who owns a recipe (does anyone?) in our FBC Members Facebook forum. Hop on over to see the thread (must be an FBC Member to access it)
Instagram Accounts We're Watching
Some of the tastiest Instagram across the country that we think are worth a follow.
- Ayngelina - you're probably already following Ayngelina of Bacon is Magic on Instagram but, if you're not, you should be - travel, food...put it together for culinary travel from all over Canada and the world that will have you salivating
- LivingLou - Louisa from Living Lou is Chatelaine Magazine's new Kitchen Apprentice and she also has a great feed full of appetizing recipes from her personal blog (and a cute doggie!).