Throughout January we will be running our 31 Day Blog Challenge: 31 days to clean up, grow and improve your blog. What better time than the start of a new year to get things sorted and ready to go for a brand new year of blogging?
We'll be sharing 31 tips, ideas, and strategies for you to get things in order and make blogging easier. This is Day 6.
Yesterday we talked about updating your social media links on your blog. In that same vein, now is also a great time to create consistent social media profiles wherever you are on the web.
Here are a few steps to follow to make sure everything is consistent:
- use the same profile picture on all your accounts: pinterest, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. It makes it much easier for people to recognize you and know they have the right person
- make sure you've filled in the profile information on all your accounts - it's amazing how many people don't do this!
- update your profile information on all of them - they don't all have to be exactly alike but we do recommend the key points are the same
- make sure you link to your blog on all your profiles!
- if you're going to use your real name on your accounts, make sure you keep it consistent. Don't use your married name on one but your maiden name on another. If you're Jen on one, be Jen on all of them. Not Jennifer, Jenny and Jen!
Take it Further:
Facebook page profiles allow you to link neatly to your pinterest and instagram accounts just below your timeline photo using apps. There are all kinds of apps available. Here's a quick little tutorial to help you add some and spice up your page.
Facebook is also one social media profile where you have a lot of options to get creative. Unfortunately, they're not always easy to find. Here is a great tutorial on How to Make your Facebook Page Pretty, including image sizes that you'll need.
And finally, here is a very helpful cheat sheet infographic for photo sizes across most social media platforms!