The countdown to Christmas and New Years is ON. We have so much happening on the site over the next few weeks that you'll want to make sure you stop by regularly to see what we've got happening.
Our annual holiday gift guide is up and crammed full of gifts that are sure to delight food bloggers and food lovers everywhere. Adding to that, we have a giveaway on the gift guide of four beautiful cookbooks up for grabs. You'll want to check it out and enter to win.
Canadian Food Bloggers Winning Awards
We had quite a few FBC Members gathering up awards the past few weeks. Congratulations to everyone who took home some virtual hardware!
Canadian Weblog Awards
In it's 4th year, the Canadian Weblog Awards went out to:
- Kelly Neil - 1st place in Art, Crafting and Photography (Kelly was our Featured Blogger last week!)
- Home to Heather - 2nd place in Family and Parenting
- Eat North - 1st place in Food & Drink and 2nd place in Group Weblog
- A Canadian Foodie - 2nd place in Food & Drink and 1st place in Lifetime Achievement
Made In Blog Awards
Made In Blog are the newest group to join blog award scene and the following FBC Members were winners:
- Craving Greens - 1st place in Cooking
Food Moi et 514 - 2nd place in Going Out/Restaurants
- Bacon is Magic - 3rd place Travel & Tourism
KitchenAid Cook For The Cure Mixer Winner
Congratulations to Nimu Ganguli for winning our KitchenAid Cook for the Cure Raspberry Ice Stand Mixer. Any FBC member who managed to raise more than $250 for Cook for the Cure was entered into the draw. Nimu and his wife raised $14,000 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and got to take part in the Culinary Showdown as part of Team Vikram Vij!
Thanks to all our members who participated the Cook For the Cure Fundraiser - we hope to see you all again next year!
Paid Writing Opportunity - Scout Magazine (VANCOUVER)
Scout Magazine has two job openings in the food and drink writing field:
Wine & Spirits Columnist: covering the local Vancouver wine and spirits scene twice a week.
Food Photographer & Writer: covering some of Vancouver's hidden hole in the wall gems twice a week.
For all the details and information on how to apply you can check out Scout's job posting.
We had a great post with tips from Dianne Jacob on earning money from your blog recently. Included was the chance to win an autographed copy of Dianne's bible for food writing, Will Write For Food. And our winner is Danielle at Poor & Gluten Free. Congrats Danielle, Melissa will be in touch for your mailing details soon.
Sneak Peek of What's Coming This Week
Busy week ahead on FBC with lots for you to check out:
- Tuesday part 1 of our Holiday roundup
- Wednesday part 2 of our guide to pricing your freelance recipe/writing/photography skills
- Thursday part 2 of our Holiday roundup
- Thursday Pin It Thursday: Candy!
- Friday Our featured member blog
- Saturday we kick off our 11 day series of the top ten posts on FBC for 2013 that will take us through to the end of the year. Any guesses as to what they might be?
A big welcome to all our new members over the last two weeks. Welcome aboard!
- Eatables Foodables (AB)
- The Third Glass (BC)
- Pamela Hamel (ON)
- Breaking Bland Eats (BC)
- Eats From the Oil Patch (AB)
- Naturally Living in the Maritimes (PEI)
- Comfortable Kitchen (ON)
- Livia Sweets (BC)
- It's the Cookie Monster (BC)
And remember, if you have anything you’d like to share with your fellow members in the news, please let us know about it. To have your submission appear in a Monday news post, the deadline is Friday at 5pm Pacific time. You can send your 3-4 sentence submissions directly to Melissa and include any relevant links.
Melissa and Ethan