A beautiful blend of blueberries and raspberries with spinach and spirulina create the deep purple colour of this Purple Nourish Smoothie Bowl. This is day 2 of The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge if you are participating. Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you.
Congratulations on making it to Day 2 if you're following our 7 Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge! (if you missed Day 1 you can catch up here) Today we’re bringing you this Purple Nourish Smoothie Bowl for a little TLC. I absolutely love this antioxidant-packed dark purple smoothie bowl and its wholesome taste. Think of this smoothie bowl as the yogi of bowls. It reminds us to nourish our bodies with pure ingredients and to be mindful of what we’re eating.
This smoothie bowl is a superfood haven! It’s a healthy blend of blueberries, raspberries, spinach and spirulina. Then we’ve topped it with sliced banana, crunchy granola and coconut shavings. The combined ingredients are completely nourishing for the body and soul. You may have noticed we’ve snuck in those leafy greens from Day 1 once again. You didn’t think I’d let you forget about your greens so soon did you? But just like yesterday’s bowl, they’re masked behind a gorgeous berry blend that’s as sweet as can be.
Why Should You Use Spirulina?
So, what’s this obsession with spirulina? Glad you asked! Spirulina is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. Seriously, it's a superfood rich in iron and protein! I could go on, but I'm afraid I'll start to sound like a bossy mom. So I'll finish by saying this, "Quit complaining and eat those greens! A teaspoon a day keeps the doctor away!". Okay, I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.
But really, you’ll love this plentiful bowl. Its taste, colour and antioxidant rich ingredients work wonders to nourish your body, mind and soul.
Congrats on accomplishing Day 2!
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 handful spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder (21–22 g or about 2 tbsp)
- ½ banana
- ¾ cups coconut milk, plus more if needed
- ½ banana (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp gluten-free granola
- 1 tbsp coconut shavings
- ½ tsp bee pollen (optional)
- In a blender add the frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, spinach, spirulina, protein powder, banana and coconut milk. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk if needed.
- Scoop thick smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with banana, granola, coconut shavings and bee pollen.
All The Seven Day Smoothie Bowl Recipes
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: Set Healthy Intentions
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 1: Eat Your Greens
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 2: Purple Nourish
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 3: Give Me Chocolate
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 4: Golden Mango
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 5: Just Beet It
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 6: The Dreamsicle
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 7: Feel Berry Good
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.