Getting in a healthy mindset can happen any time of year and that's why we're introducing The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge! Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you. It all starts with just one day (or in this case, 7!)
The answer is:" No, you’re not dreaming." You really do get to eat this Dreamsicle Smoothie Bowl for Day 6 of the 7 Day Smoothie Challenge! You would think this blissful creamsicle-coloured bowl with its fluffy, smooth texture and delightful flavour would be something only found in our sweetest dreams (food dreams of course!). But it looks like our dreams just became reality with this pretty bowl.
Its beautiful orange colour is all made possible by the persimmon fruit. If you haven’t tried this heavenly fruit yet you’re in for a treat! Permissions can best be described as the peaches of winter. You can eat the entire thing including the skin, and the fleshy inside is smooth, juicy and beautifully sweet. Just like peaches the persimmon gets riper and juicier the longer you wait. Might I recommend picking up at least half a dozen of these fruits? Otherwise I’m certain the persimmon you’ve reserved for this smoothie will be seriously MIA, and we don’t want this precious dream turning into a nightmare, do we?
Just like peaches, persimmon blends beautifully in smoothies, offering us lovely health benefits like vitamin C, iron and copper! Who knew a healthy smoothie challenge could be so dreamy? This smoothie is made by blending one ripe persimmon with frozen apricots, banana and protein powder. Then it’s topped with more banana, more persimmon, pomegranate, sunflower seeds, chia, hemp hearts and coconut flakes.
It’s a breakfast fit for an angel! And on Day 6 of this smoothie bowl challenge we want you feeling completely at peace with this new transition.
Enjoy blissful Day 6. You’re floating through this challenge!
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- 1 persimmon, or 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- ¼ cup frozen apricots, or peaches
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup almond milk, plus more if needed
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- ½ sliced banana
- ¼ chopped persimmon
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp coconut shavings
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp hemp hearts
- Cut off the leaves at the top of the persimmon. Then add persimmon to your blender with the apricots, banana, almond milk, and protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop thick smoothie into a bowl and top with sliced banana, chopped persimmon, pomegranate, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds and hemp hearts.
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: A Healthy Start to the New Year
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 1: Eat Your Greens
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 2: Purple Nourish
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 3: Give Me Chocolate
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 4: Golden Mango
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 5: Just Beet It
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is a plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.