Every week we pull together a round of links full of interesting food, blogging and photography. Here's what caught our eye this week:
The Saveur Food Blog Awards
Voting for the Saveur Food Blog Awards wraps up this week (April 30th to be exact) and as far as we know, there is only one Canadian blog up for an award this year: FBC Member Mayssam from Will Travel For Food in the Best Culinary Travel Coverage category. If you want to show your support for one of our favourite Canadian food bloggers you can cast your vote here. Good luck Mayssam
Tasty Links from FBC Members
This week in our tasty links, it's all about salads! Delicious salads to welcome spring from FBC members!
- Strawberry and Roasted Chickpea Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette - from Janet at Tastespace.
- Cold Asian Noodle Salad - from Jennifer at Ricotta and Radishes
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Maple Salad - from Emily at The Best of This Life
- Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad With Spicy Tofu and Peanut Sauce - from Nancy at Nancy's Cravings
- Truffled Steak Salad - from Katrina at Kitchen Trials
Other Useful Blogging Links
Here are some posts we've found around the web this week that might help you with your blogging.
- What's New in WordPress 4.2 - Sitepoint takes a look at some of the latest updates to one of the most widely used blogging platforms in the world
- Should Photographers Work For Free? - this topic comes up again and again in our forums. Here's another look from Picture Correct
- Two Tales That Show The Importance of Being Honest On Your Blog - dishonesty on your blog will catch up with you eventually as was proven this week. How many of us have fudged the truth - even with just a little photoshopping? Great post from IFB.
Instagram Accounts We're Watching
Some of the tastiest Instagram across the country that we think are worth a follow. If you're an FBC Member and you'd like to have your feed featured, make sure you tag your food photos with #FBCigers.
- CooksWithCocktails - Julie and Debbie are a mother/daughter duo from BC, who create beautiful, bold recipes and a cocktail or two!
- Choperella - Tara is a George Brown Chef grad and has a feed that shows off her culinary and photography talents. You will drool.
The New FBC Food Lovers Newsletter
If you love our weekend links then you might just want to subscribe to our new newsletter: The FBC Food Lovers Newsletter. Twice a month we'll be featuring great posts from FBC members, some of our favourite food instagram accounts, great recipe finds on pinterest, some of the food highlights on FBC over the last few weeks, as well as occasional delicious offers from some of our partners.
You don't have to be an FBC Member to join - you just have to love food! All you have to do is click here to subscribe!