Every week in the course of checking out all the great content our members produce, surfing for great blogging or small business resources, trying to find new inspiration for ourselves and all of you or, just looking for something really good to eat, we come across a lot of great stuff out there on the internet.
Sometimes we just don't have time to tweet, facebook or instgram it all. So we thought we'd start a Weekend Links Edition of the news where we could share some of our great finds with all of you.
We might not publish every week and this might evolve over time but, we're going to start this week because there was just too much great stuff to pass by!
Great FBC Member Posts
- Easy Crustless Quiche and a Nordic Ware Giveaway - Lillian at Beyond Umami has been creating amazing recipes with her Nordic Ware Eggs Plus Pan from FBC2014. Here's another simple recipe and a chance to win your own pan!
- Banana Split Rolls - a banana split in a comforting roll and it's vegan! From Leah at Love Me, Feed Me.
- Food Blogger Reality: Failed Recipes and Pumpkin Grudges - we all have them... failed recipe attempts. From Giselle at Diary of An Ex-Sloth.
- Coconut Curried Pumpkin with Cinnamon Rice - delicious, vegan and so pretty. From Aimee at Simple Bites.
- FBC2014 Blend & Extend Recipes - loved the Blend & Extend dinner at FBC2014? Or just wish you could have been there? Executive Chef Ned Bell of Yew Seafood and the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver shares his recipes with Mushrooms Canada on their blog along with a great video featuring some of your favourite Canadian food bloggers!
Interesting Blogging Resources
- Facebook Doesn't Care About Your Reach - And Neither Do Users - Jon Loomer. Interesting article on why you should worry less about your Facebook reach and concentrate on other metrics and goals.
- The Dirty Business of Buying Instagram Followers - Racked. When we posted this in our FBC Facebook Forum this week it generated a lot of discussion
- Do Bloggers Really Get Paid for Press Releases, Freebies or Campaigns - IFB. While aimed at fashion bloggers, the information here is still relevant to food bloggers - and informative.
Some Instagram Accounts To Watch
We see so many great IG accounts out there every day. Here are a few FBC Members we've been watching this week!
- The Food Gays - FBC Members Adrian & Jeremy from Vancouver with a mix of gorgeous home cooking and eating out
- Eat Halifax - Kathy has all the food happenings in Halifax in her IG stream - including the Devour Film Festival happening this past week
- AGlobalKitchen - former Governor General chef Cameron Stauch shares photos of his colourful food adventures as an ex-pat in Vietnam