Seeking food bloggers in Australia, Canada, or the UK to blog for Urbanspoon!
Yes, it is true – we want to pay you to write about food!
Urbanspoon is a leading online local restaurant guide that aggregates restaurant reviews from across the web, from newspapers and professional food critics to bloggers and diners. Available online or via our popular iPhone and Android applications, Urbanspoon provides reviews for restaurants throughout the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
We are seeking two talented blog writers to work with our Social Marketing team to develop unique & engaging content for the Urbanspoon company blog that will appeal to a national and international audience.
Contractor Project Summary:
Each blog writer will submit 2 food-related blog posts each week (approximate word count per article: 250-600). Writers will be paid per published post, and the Urbanspoon staff will provide approved themes and topics to help promote Urbanspoon products and our online community.
Writer Qualifications include:
- Excellent writing skills
- Copyediting skills both for your own work and other writers’ blog posts
- A passion for dining, restaurants, & foodie culture(ideally you have experience in the food sector)
- Possess the skills to produce stylish, provocative national food news for an online audience
- A little bit of technology geek in you (Do you love your phone, laptop, or iPad a little too much?)
- An independent self-starter who can get things done without much guidance
- The ability to develop and suggest unique ideas and inspiration to take a concept from the initial brainstorm to finished product
- Must be willing to dive into research to stay on top of trending ideas or topics
Bloggers will be paid $70.00 (US dollars) for each published blog post.
Please send us a brief cover letter & resume to email@example.com. Also include a current link to your personal and/or professional blog, and a sample food-related blog post.
P.S. If we don't choose you, you can still feature your blog on Urbanspoon! Spoonbacks are a way for you to share your posts on restaurants with everyone on Urbanspoon.
Here’s how it works.
- Pick a restaurant that you’re reviewing on your blog, go to the restaurant page on Urbanspoon, and click the link “add your review to this page”.
- Pick an image link (there are a bunch on that page to choose from, some really tiny, some bigger with more interesting info) that you want to add to your blog post.
- Copy the html into your blog post.
From there Spoonback will take over. It will notice the image, read in your post, and show a snippet from your post and a link to your blog from the restaurant’s page on Urbanspoon.