Getting in a healthy mindset can happen any time of year and that's why we're introducing The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge! Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you. It all starts with just one day (or in this case, 7!)
We're back with Day 3 of the 7 Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge. You know what they say: “It takes three days to break a habit.” Which is great … if you save the lecture until after the third day of sugar withdrawal! Not to mention it’s hump day Wednesday. Ugh. What a double hump whammy! But, today’s smoothie bowl is here to help you hurdle over those double humps, and slide down Day 3 with ease. (Catch up with Day 1 and Day 2 if you missed them!)
Check out this Give Me Chocolate Smoothie Bowl, made with cocoa powder and espresso. That’s right, we’ve called for backup on this one, bringing you chocolate AND coffee with today’s smoothie bowl recipe! And in case you’re wondering, yes, these are two superfoods to help you with that healthy eating goal.
In fact, I think all too often chocolate and coffee get a bad rap for being unhealthy, which is true when they’re combined with refined sugars, dairy and shelf-stabilizers that hide their purest form. But this smoothie bowl uses these ingredients naturally, with raw cocoa powder and quality coffee. It may not look lean and green, but it’s a superfood smoothie bowl nonetheless. Its ingredients offer a healthy dose of antioxidants with no added sugar, so you can reap all the health benefits. Not to mention the cocoa and coffee also provide a little caffeine boost to help you hurdle over those humps! We’ve also tossed in some protein and fibre with natural peanut butter and chia seeds for an extra power boost.
Double hump day just got a lot easier with this Give Me Chocolate Smoothie Bowl. Because even though we’re on a health challenge we didn’t say anything about giving up chocolate and coffee!
Happy Hump Day — way to hurdle through Day 3!
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- 2 frozen bananas (approx. ¾ cups)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 espresso shot
- ⅓ cup almond milk, plus more if needed
- 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp chopped peanuts
- 1 tsp gluten-free granola
- ½ sliced apple (optional)
- 1 square 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- In a blender add bananas, cocoa powder, espresso, almond milk, peanut butter, chia seeds and cinnamon. Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk if needed.
- Scoop thick smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with chopped peanuts, gluten-free granola, sliced apple, dark chocolate and chia seeds.
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: A Healthy Start to the New Year
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 1: Eat Your Greens
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 2: Purple Nourish
- Lighten Up! 15 Salad Recipes to Lighten Up Your January
- Lighten Up! 15 MORE Salad Recipes to Lighten Up January
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is a plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.