Channel the tropics with this lush vegan and gluten-free Golden Mango Smoothie Bowl full of mango, coconut and lime! It will wake you up with a bowl full of sunshine. This is day 4 of The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge if you are participating. Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you.
It’s Day 4 of the Smoothie Bowl Challenge and we’re bringing you this Golden Mango Smoothie Bowl to keep that glow going strong! How do we get that gorgeous golden hue? Turmeric! (You can catch up with Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 if you missed them)
Using Turmeric in Smoothies
This wonderful root seems to have earned first place as a superfood recently, and there’s no signs of it slowing. You may have noticed this spice creatively finding its way into all sorts of recipes, hypnotizing us with its rich golden colour, promising heath benefits and taste.
Its golden colour comes from an abundance of curcumin, a substance which may help reduce inflammation in many instances!And since this golden superfood has such glowing reports it only makes sense to have it in this 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge so we can begin enjoying its benefits from the moment we wake.
Using Turmeric In Other Breakfast Recipes
Turmeric is a wonderful spice to add to breakfast recipes, including this Golden Mango Smoothie Bowl. Although it may look bold in colour, it’s a subtle spice, making it a lovely addition to smoothies, oats, pancakes and the like.
This recipe blends turmeric with creamy coconut milk and mangos. In addition to turmeric we’ve added a few other antioxidant-packed spices like ginger and cinnamon. When these ingredients combine we’re left with a beautifully blended breakfast bowl that will have you glowing as brightly as its golden colour!
After all it’s Day 4 of this Smoothie Bowl Challenge, and you deserve this gold medal bowl.
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ½ banana
- ½ cup coconut milk, plus more if needed
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder (21–22 gr, or about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp agave
- ½ tsp chopped fresh ginger, or ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- the juice of 1 lime
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup frozen mangos, chopped or sliced
- 1 tsp coconut shavings
- 1 tsp buckwheat
- 1 tbsp gluten-free granola
- In a blender add mango, banana, coconut milk, protein powder, agave, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and lime juice. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk if needed.
- Scoop thick smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with sliced frozen mangos, coconut shavings, buckheat and granola.
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: Set Healthy Intentions
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 1: Eat Your Greens
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 2: Purple Nourish
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 3: Give Me Chocolate
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 4: Golden Mango
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 5: Just Beet It
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 6: The Dreamsicle
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 7: Feel Berry Good
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is a plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.