Our vegan and gluten free Just Beet It Smoothie Bowl packs a power punch with one of nature's most vivid veggies - beets of course! This is day 5 of The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge if you are participating. Hannah Sunderani brings you a healthy, nutritious and delicious smoothie bowl each day of our challenge to get you in the right frame of mind for a healthier you.
It’s no surprise that we’re in the era of glorious green smoothies. Proof began on Day 1 of this 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge with the Eat Your Greens Smoothie Bowl. The clean and green bowls have become the pinnacle of healthy breakfast eats, earning medals for healthy, wholesome and delicious.
But I reckon that it’s not just leafy greens that can contribute to an impressively delicious and healthful smoothie bowl. In fact, there’s another coloured veg that’s been shyly lurking in the shadows. And it’s beets!
Beets Blend Perfectly Into Smoothies
Yep. We’re adding these beautiful blushing babes to our smoothie bowl today! Why? Because beets blend perfectly with red fruits to make a smoothie that’s incredibly tasty and healthful. Just like its green cousins, it’s easy to forget you’re drinking your veggies when using this vibrant veg.
In fact, beets have a naturally sweet flavour, which makes them even better for smoothie blends. And the colour is a complete giveaway to just how healthy they are. They're high in folate, manganese, fibre, vitamin C and potassium We’d be crazy not to include this superfood in our morning routine!
But the beauty of beets doesn’t end there; their stunning purple hue adds an undeniably vibrant colour to smoothies, so you can brag away about just how healthy and delicious it looks! Lucky for you it couldn’t be easier to get your hands on beets these days.
Try Pre-Cooked Beets To Make It Even Easier
Most grocery stores offer them pre-cooked, like “Love Beets” at Costco, making it super easy to toss them into smoothie blends. This smoothie bowl combines beets with blueberries, banana and goji berries to make a gorgeously purple hue. It’s a scrumptious smoothie bowl we can feel good about indulging in.
So get on bragging about this delightful beet smoothie. Because with this smoothie bowl, our 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge just earned some serious “beet” cred!
Share Your Smoothie Bowl Photos!
- 1 cooked and peeled beet (approx. ½ cup)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ banana
- ½ cup almond milk, plus more if needed
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp goji berries (soaked overnight)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- In a blender add beet, blueberries, raspberries, banana, almond milk, hemp hearts, goji berries, and almond butter. Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk if needed.
- Top smoothie with frozen blueberries, goji berries, chopped almonds and hemp hearts.
The Entire 7 Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge: Set Healthy Intentions
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 1: Eat Your Greens
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 2: Purple Nourish
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 3: Give Me Chocolate
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 4: Golden Mango
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 5: Just Beet It
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 6: The Dreamsicle
- The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge Day 7: Feel Berry Good
The 7-Day Smoothie Bowl Challenge is written by Hannah Sunderani. Hannah is a plant-based recipe blogger at Two Spoons. Her love for creating plant-based recipes stems from its benefits to health, humanity, the environment, and taste of course! Hannah is Canadian born, but now lives in France. Her new French life has proved a struggle at times due to the limited vegan community, but the farm-to-table lifestyle offers her an abundance of local, fresh and wholesome ingredients to create beautiful plant-based recipes worth sharing. Join Hannah on social media on Instagram and Pinterest.